Jump to content

Brabham

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Brabham

  1. Hi, Nice car. Any idea of how much boost and power output with the blower? Sad to see it go
  2. Needs bigger wheels Kidding . Good stuff!
  3. Brabham

    15th October WSID

    Hey Peter, How did you go with your diff and did you get the priceless 3.3? The Zed is looking pretty mad your wheels are huge. Is it staying matt or going gloss black?
  4. Hey, Just wondering what the original paint on Zeds was, I am assuming it was enamel although mine has been resprayed at some point. Is there a paint color code anywhere on the plates? Have been using a bit of acrylic for small areas and panel beaters these days only seem to want to do 2 pak. Are acrylic/ enamel/ 2-pak compatible with overspraying as I had a small reaction when I sprayed some enamel on a section. Thoughts rev and Michael
  5. Brabham

    15th October WSID

    Where did you find the 3.3 as I am after one? Was it an R200? Thanks.
  6. Brabham

    15th October WSID

    Hey mrp what ratio was your old diff and what was problem with it? I am after taller diff if you are thinking of selling old one? What ratio you going to? Please not a 4.1 ;DThanks
  7. Hi Rev nice work on the hatch. Just wondering did you use any black windscreen sealant anywhere on the rubber seal? Do you think this would be necessary to prevent water seeping between the seal and the paint and rusting around the screen as this seems to be a common rust area e.g. around glass and seals, most old zed hatches have this problem. Was wondering if I had to put a large amount of this sealant around seal to try and keep the water out Final question what brand was the seal you got from rare spares. Thanks for your info have to fit windscreen at some stage soon.
  8. Hi Rev nice work on the hatch. Just wondering did you use any black windscreen sealant anywhere on the rubber seal? Do you think this would be necessary to prevent water seeping between the seal and the paint and rusting around the screen as this seems to be a common rust area e.g. around glass and seals, most old zed hatches have this problem. Was wondering if I had to put a large amount of this sealant around seal to try and keep the water out Final question what brand was the seal you got from rare spares. Thanks for your info have to fit windscreen at some stage soon.
  9. Hey Mike, $20 gets you about 15L these days so I figure you are getting about 15L/100Km. Considering you are running the larger jets and cam that is pretty good in my book. BTW get about 10-12.5L/100KM in the Mk.1 so that makes your mileage look pretty good! :D BTW do you run Valvemaster or equiv. and 98 Octane?
  10. Thief to be terminated with extreme prejudice
  11. FActory manual is pretty good. 2+2s are far easier and cheaper to get parts than 2 seaters as 2 seaters are more desirable and more pricey. I saw that one on ebay too, it had a respray done on it didn't it? Paint looks immaculate. If I could undo everything the PO did to my car it would be running by now
  12. Do you know what mags these are and the dimensions? Thanks.
  13. Hey nice work man, I'm fixing up a 2+2 as well. I like the mags on the Zed they look cool. What was the original color of the car and what color do you think you will go with? Body looks in pretty good shape.
  14. Brabham

    Diff Ratios

    Thanks for the info blue rat. It is something I will look at. At the moment I have the 3.7 and will just keep a casual eye out for anything that turns up on ebay or through word of mouth. I am still restoring the body on the car and have not fully decided on the drivetrain yet, but the diff will be an R200 with an L-series engine of some description, possibly turbo and methanol-water injection looks interesting, have been reading up a bit on that lately for a bit more power and extra cooling. :). Not sure what corrosive effects it would have on the engine though. Any thoughts? Singapore F1 tonight yay
  15. Does anyone know how to do wet lay up CF or have a guide was thinking of learning how to do it should be pretty similar to fiberglassing.
  16. How did you do your valve cover rev was thinking of buffing mine
  17. Have to be careful as well because the POs may be reading these forums and getting upset, thinking "but I thought my Flamingo or Panther Zed was cool" aaahahahaha
  18. Does anyone know if the floor panel was ever available as a single part i.e. the whole floor from firewall back as that is how rusted my floor is? I have only seen the replacement panels in small section like the ones on ebay
  19. That's ok Stevo I probably won't sell it as I have already sunk so many hours into it. P.S your Flamingo Zed is funny mine has a picture of a panther on it from po (not me) hahaha
  20. 260Z LH and RH floor panels on ebay. They went up hugely in the first three hours of listing. Guess I will have to make my floor out of Niki now . P.S. I am the P.O. from hell hahaha ;D
  21. PO stuck lots of 8 ball stickers and a picture of a panther? on my zed hahahaha. That was funny with all the squares welded to form a panel they must have been keen hahaha
  22. Hey ZD what time do you think the Zed would run compared to the 1.12 of the Mk.1. I agree no one wants to pay much for Mk.1s or mine would probably be sold as well. Have to admit they are pretty light at 800kg vs 1150kg for a Zed. Potential race winner on a wet day at historics- so too is a Zed. Want to get my Zed down to 1000Kg when finished. Have you thought about running the Golf in historics? Would like to see one out there mixing it up with some of the bigger cars.
  23. Hey Mike just wondering if your fuel lines are insulated as I was thinking of running them without insulation. (PO took insulation off ) You are running a mech fuel pump too right?
  24. Original 260 driver seat in black vinyl. Needs reupholster or gaffa tape treatment. $20 in Sydney.
×
×
  • Create New...