G Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Well, hello everyone. It's about time I introduce myself - I've been away from this forum so long I can't remember if ever said hello in the first place. I've got a silver '73 240z which after we changed her from auto to manual, served as my daily driver for many years. She very original (except for the new trans, obviously), right down to the engine which has never been rebuilt and the single speaker AM radio. I bought the car through the Trading Post (remember that?) from a guy in Monbulk who'd had the car for about 10 years in a shed. She was purchased after relentlessly waking up early on a Thursday morning and tearing down to the servo to see if there were ANY Z's advertised at all. In the end, I bought something which needed a little fettling because it was the only thing I COULD find. The car has now sat, for a number of various reasons, idle for a few years and it's now I want to get her back on the road with the power and handling she never had - so it's decision time. Rebuild the L24 or go bigger with something non-standard. Ahh the heartache! My plans for the future are to knock the little bits of rust out that have crept in, tidy up the interior and get her mechanically A1 - including at some stage the addition of Mikunis or similar. For those of you interested in such things, the car has a red interior which I haven't seen too many of in this country. I recently dragged her out of the garage covered in dust and all it took was a quick wash down to get me excited again - see attached. So hello everyone, I hope to meet you fellow enthusiasts at some point, share some stories, bitch about rust and down a beer or two. Cheers G Quote
Gordo Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Well welcome back Mr G. Looks as though you have found your second wind, and the time is right to spend some quality time with the old zed. As you may not be to far away from the Xmas BBQ ( find other thread ) you should come along and introduce your self to all the other die hard zed fans. Cheers. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted November 19, 2012 Administrators Posted November 19, 2012 Awesome looking Z please upload some photos of that red interior. It's 1 of my favorite combinations Silver on red and your Z looks absolutely immaculate even if you say it has some rust (don't they all?). Quote
luvemfast Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Welcome back +1 for silver cars with red interior lovin Thats a neat looking unit aswell. Be sure to bring it along to the Xmas BBQ at Gordo's in a fortnight Quote
Fairlady Z Posted November 19, 2012 Posted November 19, 2012 Welcome G. yes please pics of the interior as the rest say silver with red my favourite combinations also the plans for the Z are going to be sweet. triples with original L24 will be my decision. Quote
Lynton Posted November 20, 2012 Posted November 20, 2012 Rigi Didge with performance enhancements the only way to go, Lynton Quote
Fairlady Z Posted November 20, 2012 Posted November 20, 2012 Rigi Didge with performance enhancements the only way to go, Lynton hahaha common Linton. RB is the only way to go for Real performance and keep it in the family I guess ultimate now will be the 3.8 twin turbo out of current GTR. Should fit easy. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted November 20, 2012 Moderators Posted November 20, 2012 Welcome again G, was good to catch up at the concourse last couple of weeks ago... You must bring it to the BBBQ..we must see! Quote
G Posted November 20, 2012 Author Posted November 20, 2012 Kind words from you all, however the car doesn't have a RWC at the moment and I'd feel a bit of a twit turning up to a Z meet in a Mini! Part of the act of getting her back on the road will be to get her on historic plates in the new year, along with the engine work etc etc. If anyone has any leads on a good set of triples (yes, I know what's going on in another thread and I casting no taunts here) I'd be interested in gathering bits for the "resto". As for throwing in an RB, I'm trying to keep the car at least period correct - within safety and practicality purposes. For instance, whilst I have no interest in installing crossply tyres, I would put in an L28 for the fun factor and correspondingly, I'd like to keep all the other mods in accordance with what could have been done at the time the car was at least newish. That said, I'm still amazed at what has been achieved with glorious mechanical aptitude over the years. The one I never understand is why I haven't seen too many Lexus V8 Z's. Alloy, quad cam 8 with ready made bolt-on turbo kits? Yes please! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.