Magnet Posted October 17, 2012 Posted October 17, 2012 Thought I better introduce myself before I start abusing your parts section >.< My name's Ryan, from northern beaches sydney, just bought a '71 240z rolling shell. I've had about a thousand silvias, currently have an S15 with a 14a front(haters gone hate), was planning on putting an SR20 into the 240 and do flares and that but when I got it was too good to not restore so I'm on a mission to track down bits and pieces to bring it back. Always wanted a 240, so expensive now I've gotta start from scratch. I do painting and panel beating so just have to buy parts Came with matching number bare block, which I was told was rooted but got it out and took the sump off and appears to have been rebuilt and cant see any problems, so just gotta track down a head/manifolds/carbs etc and bolt it back in and get rego! Been going to the track/drifting when I can the past few years, usually Wakefield, not as much as I'd like, but defiantly be keen to get out to some Datto days once this is running Anything much happen in the way of Z meets/drives? Quote
MaygZ Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 Welcome. Send HKSZ (a member on the forum) a PM. I just saw in a photo he posted that he has what looks like a very rusty 240 in the background. He may be interested in selling it to you as a parts car. I have no idea re his intentions with the car but always worth an ask. Good luck. MaygZ Quote
Gordo Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 Welcome Ryan , if you have got time come to the Nissan nationals next Easter at Phillip island. All the zeds and nissans you can handle. Good weekend to get some contacts. Cheers. Quote
luvemfast Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 Welcome, whats with the angry face? d3coy is selling a good head Quote
thriller Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 currently have an S15 with a 14a front(haters gone hate) Dude , it's not a herrafrush civic, no need to drop that terribly overused phrase haha. S15 with 14a front is my favorite conversion of all s-chassis'. Anyway weird. My name's Ryan too, am into drifting, and also have a silvia ... snap! Post a pic of the 15, would be cool to see. And a decent build thread once the Z gets going! Nice plans btw. Quote
Magnet Posted October 18, 2012 Author Posted October 18, 2012 lol it's your favorite? think mine's the only one. I rarely take it to meets and stuff cause people get seriously offended, mainly yanks that don't get S15s, they don't realise every 18yo with a bank loan has one over here. Will do MaygZ. luvemfast, i'm an angry guy Quote
MaygZ Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 i'm an angry guy Not your not! Not in this crowd anyway. You haven't met me yet! And you certainly haven't met the keeper of all that is angry either. He was asked to change his name to something more friendly and he chose HITLER!! The "NUB" looks very neat. Looking forward to your Zed build if you go to the same level with it. MaygZ (Older and now more mellow) Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted October 18, 2012 Moderators Posted October 18, 2012 Welcome Ryan, If you want to bring a trailer to Melbourne, I can help you with some bits...I need them gone! Quote
Magnet Posted October 18, 2012 Author Posted October 18, 2012 Hmm, might be getting down to winton later in the year... what you got? Quote
thriller Posted October 19, 2012 Posted October 19, 2012 Probably better to ask what he doesn't have haha. The s15 looks good, I actually have a picture of it saved from somewhere else from ages ago haha, did you do the conversion or buy it done? Quote
Magnet Posted October 19, 2012 Author Posted October 19, 2012 Did it myself, cut and shut guards. Had almost every type of silvia combination, this is the toughest. Had it for a couple of years now... Need a new project Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.