Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

I was fixing the passenger door handle on my 240z recently and I managed to break two things while fixing it. How many times have you done this? For me its kind of a rule, perhaps with experience I'll think 2 steps ahead and prevent this kind of thing from happening.

 

Anyone wanna make me feel better and share a story? :)

Posted

not car related but i broke my tripod last night while trying to loosen the head movement only to realise the way i was trying was completely wrong and there was such an obvious way to do it. too late though :(

Posted

well, I managed to snap 3 engine/transmission mounts (in one go!), smash twist and kink a hard rear brake line, push up my exhaust and crush my oxy sensor, fold in the bottom of a rear door, and crunch up a rear quarter panel on my rangie a couple of weekends ago - and there wasn't even any decent or difficult tracks!

 

Beyond that, I do know the feeling of fixing one thing, then two days later something else will fall off right next to it and will require the original work to be redone.... Its the art of running backwards on the spot, otherwise known as owning an older car.

  • Administrators
Posted

Yeah I can relate to that. I was a bit frustrated when I chipped some paint installing the new door handle even though I used a nice rag to help prevent the handle scratching the paint.

 

I guess it's just older paint now and it gets kinda flakey around the edges especially in areas where it would have a thinner coat.

 

This is one of the reasons I generally like to buy brand new stuff. Especially when it comes to plastics etc.. When they get old they just get frail.

 

I was just curious if anyone else had a story to share?

Posted
not car related but i broke my tripod last night while trying to loosen the head movement only to realise the way i was trying was completely wrong and there was such an obvious way to do it. too late though

 

I hope your talking about your camera gear there George! :wink: :D

Posted

I sunk the white ball 7 times in one game of pool last night, is that the sort of thing your talking about

 

Sooley :cry: :cry:

Posted

Myslef and a friend dropped a 1UZ V8 engine the other day whilst trying to get it off a trailer without using a hoist. Lucky it wasnt far and we had a spare sump for it... :P

Posted

I was fixing the wiring connectors to my door switch on the weekend. After putting the kick panel back on and opening/closing the door to test, now the switch doesn't work properly (did before) eerrrghhhh :x

 

Also, I find it's a bad idea to pull things apart when said things are likely to have brittle things (read - gaskets) that you don't have a spare for.

 

 

Sooley, 7 times! That sucks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...