EOI Arizona Z Group Purchase

Sirpent

I would ring and check on that John, I got my front spoiler from MSA with a door to airport service and I think I got hit with about $200 in extra charges even though it was a new item, I think it was port charges customs clearance fees etc, something i definetely didn't expect

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No probs Mossy

I will speak to my man Stewart at Trade Lanes and confirm once we have something more definite, I guess what I am trying to emphasise is that the combined shipping will show real savings on top of whatever Dave can do on price.

Update also on the quantities.

Cheers

John

post-1356-144023646504_thumb.jpg

Hey John, I don't think I would be a very solid number for you as I don't think I could afford them this year (even at a discounted price).... but I have a very very small interest in the rear disc brake kit. March/April next year would be a different story though.

Hey John, I don't think I would be a very solid number for you as I don't think I could afford them this year (even at a discounted price).... but I have a very very small interest in the rear disc brake kit. March/April next year would be a different story though.

Buddy if everyone agreed on a month, I wouldn't have a problem delaying, up to you, would Feb/March be a possibility?

one other savings buster is then posting anything within Australia, which could easily add another $50+ for interstate people like me.

Or the Zed courier service may help?

This is the thing, do the math, if you ordered the front and rear brake kits, as already stated, shipping would be $320 a set, now coming in this way it would probably cost you $100, a saving of $500 odd bucks, so even if it cost you another $100 to ship them to yourself from their landing spot in Australia PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT !

For your calculations... I wasnt charged gst on my suspension from him, even though it was over 1000. Maybe cause it came in 2 packages. You would certainly pay gst on a group buy, so youd need to save at least 10% to make it worth wild.

Hmmm, christmas could be a bad time for some people in the financial sense. Something to think about but.

Good point Scoota, so how would everyone feel if we did go ahead placing the order towards the end of Jan 2012?

For your calculations... I wasnt charged gst on my suspension from him, even though it was over 1000. Maybe cause it came in 2 packages. You would certainly pay gst on a group buy, so youd need to save at least 10% to make it worth wild.

First I'm pretty sure the savings on freight will be well above 10% probably more like 25%

Second we will see what Dave offers us on a large order like this

Third, you pay GST on what Dave "SAYS" he sold them for  ;)

Websites like e-go and Smartsend are really cheap for postage around Australia.  I have used them heaps in the last 12 months and you will be amazed how cheap they can be.  I am interested in rear control arms, but not till next year.  I think Feb would give enough time after Christmas to save up.

Good point Scoota, so how would everyone feel if we did go ahead placing the order towards the end of Jan 2012?

First I'm pretty sure the savings on freight will be well above 10% probably more like 25%

Second we will see what Dave offers us on a large order like this

Third, you pay GST on what Dave "SAYS" he sold them for  ;)

The savings have to be 10% of the total, not just the freight. In my instance, suspension was $1600, freight was $300. Gst on that would be 190. So to be worth wild, postage would have to be reduced from $300 to $110. Or youd have to get a group discount out of him.

OK

To stop any further speculation, Im thinking that I send dave the list (+ any new potential items not yet listed, so contact me here if you want to be put down and what you are after) so that we can get an idea on prices, package size and weight and that way I can do some homework on what this will all end up costing.

If you are sitting on the side lines thinking about this, chuck your hat in (NO OBLIGATIONS) and lets see what we come up with.

I would like to send this off to him tomorrow night so we get some response over the weekend.

All agree that late Jan 2012 will be the order date? it will probably take a few weeks for Dave to get it all together anyway should we decide to go ahead.

Cheers

John

Ohh, I cant wait to see pics of all these toys getting installed.

The original post says the rear control arms prices are "each" where as the TTT rear control arms are around the same price for a pair, is that right? Is there a big difference in quality?

I've been interested in purchasing their brake kit when the time is right (exchange rate/spare money/when I actually need the parts), last time i talked to dave the handbrake caliper wasn't ready for sale and he was going to contact me when it was...so if it is now could you please add me to the list.

Since then it's also come to my attention that you can't really get these brakes through a RWC. Has anyone looked into having the brake lines on the calipers machined/re-tapped to tapered threads, along with anything else that may be required?

No problems,

As I have said this is only an EOI and will be treated that way until we get a response back from Dave, Im sure some will opt out and others will opt in but at least this gives us a great quantative idea of possible savings.

I have the Toyota Surfs all ready for the front at this stage and am considering the rears at the moment, I may even go Daves kits, not sure yet.

Cheers

John

UPDATED

post-1356-144023646759_thumb.jpg