SHIPPING PRICES FOR PARTS FROM US???

Toecutter

I've been following a few bits n peices for my Z on US e-bay. I bought some small bits and peices that took about 2-3 weeks to arrive and shipping was about $8.00 AU. My question is; has anybody shipped over larger parts, and how much did it cost, how long it take to arrive, what were dimensions, was it sea freight?

Cheers

Sulio

an example below, deisel crank & connecting rods from US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7986640593&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Sulio,

I have had parts sent over from the states quite a few times.

Nothing as heavy as a crank and rods though.

Sea freight takes anywhere from 10 to 26 weeks and is usually about a third of the cost of air freight.

You can look it up on the USPS web site.

Alan.

• Administrators

Hey Sulio if your patient you might be able to source one from NZ. Shipping from the states will be $300US + . It's probably best to buy one without the rods anyway since we have better access to rods and stuff here in Australia and you need to work out what rod/combo you want with what pistons you'll use etc..

Good luck all the same anything cheaper than the $800 odd I paid is surely a good price. :D

Sulio,

I had my bodykit shipped over from the USA. Shipping cost was about $340 but that included a few other bits and pieces. Come in a big mutha of a box, about 2 meters long by maybe 70cm wide and 50cm deep. It only took a few weeks to arrive which I was quite happy with and was rather surprised when I got a call from customs.

Hayden

• 1 month later...

Hi guys - been a while since I visited last - I am in NZ so I can assist if need be. I am Auckland, NZ. I know you guys pay a lot of coin for the LD28 cranks. I know a few guys that have picked these up locally for between $50 - $200 for crank only. I got LD28 block with crank for $150. Shipping will still be a bit due to the weight might work out the same as getting a LD28 in Oz (not sure will need to look into it) I will get a price for shipping in the next few weeks (off to Melbourne for Business for 2 weeks again - will be full on so no time to meet and catch-up...bugger)