Jump to content

Phillip Island Classics/Historics March 19/20/21 2011


Recommended Posts

Posted

Guys

 

For those wanting to join in the convoy to P.I, the NDSOC are meeting at Cranbourne Bunnings for at 8.00am departure (Club display trackside)

 

I'll be taking the Zed and Roadster

 

Al.

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Wow what an unbelievable day. Such a long hike to and from Phillip island but totally worth it. Historic car heaven. It was great to meet Dimitri, Jason and Peter to put a face to a name. Took heaps of pics but I'll have to wait till I'm home to upload them.

  • Moderators
Posted

I was there near my zed now and then.. Took Tim (RB30X) for a little walk around the pit area for a while then watched the racing from the display area. I had a green T-shirt on..

Posted

Word has it that there were over 5000 body there and it was the biggest turn out they have ever had. (Not the best week end to sleep in). Dame those early starts last week. I look forward to seeing some picks form the days

Regrads

Bruce 

Posted

Amazing day. I have never seen Philip Island pull of weather that nice either! Went out and sussed a few of the race zeds too. Anyone own the white 240Z on jellybeans (or similar)?

 

Also, the orange metallic pearl V8 zed was off it's chops!

  • Moderators
Posted

I'm sure Don McKay owns the white 240Z...its an early one as well only a few chassis numbers away from mine!

Posted

Ok here are some of my pics. Sorry if the track photos arent close up, I dont have a big zoom. There is also a lot of ITB or inlet manifold porn.

 

224-Copy.jpg

 

221-Copy.jpg

 

213-Copy.jpg

 

205-Copy.jpg

 

202-Copy.jpg

 

142-Copy-1.jpg

 

113-Copy-1.jpg

 

108-Copy-1.jpg

 

097-Copy.jpg

 

195-Copy.jpg

 

248-Copy.jpg

 

244-Copy.jpg

 

163-Copy.jpg

 

161-Copy.jpg

 

157-Copy.jpg

 

043-Copy.jpg

 

144-Copy.jpg

 

020-Copy.jpg

 

018-Copy.jpg

 

015-Copy.jpg

 

 

Posted

Dimitri, Tim, Peter and Amanda, great to catch up with you all, I had lots of fun squeezing out the DeTomaso and the Porsches, best was a fifth o/r on Sund morn. ( I was up into 2nd outright on lap 2 on Sund arvo, but got Honda wrong, and ended up 6th  Ggrrrr

Peter thanks for the fj cams, they are with Wade's to see if we can weld them and regrind them to suit the Fury 120Y

 

Darren House from NDSOC, and Chris Samuels, from Nissan Australia Public relations Dept, caught up with me took some pics and both are  doing a write up in the Victorian club magazine and the Nissan in house newsletter/magazine, on the Datsun Sports 2000.

Tim any pics of the action in the Group Sc guys?

Once again, great weekend and a great buncj of lads and lasses from Vic.

 

Rob Devenish spent the day with me before I went down to the track, planning our world beating assaults an all the Targa and dirt rally events for 2011!

Posted

Tim any pics of the action in the Group Sc guys?

 

Loads. I'll post em up when I return to the sunshine (currently flooding again) state.

Posted

Seeing Datsuns at PI don't do incar, apparently :P here is a Mini with some of the best I have ever seen. Note the nice pass by a 1600 at 6:25.

 

Posted

Seeing Datsuns at PI don't do incar, apparently :P here is a Mini with some of the best I have ever seen. Note the nice pass by a 1600 at 6:25.

 

 

Too much to carry around for us serious racers ::) ::) i would rather have the extra schooner than carry the camera..... ;D

Posted

Seeing Datsuns at PI don't do incar, apparently :P here is a Mini with some of the best I have ever seen. Note the nice pass by a 1600 at 6:25.

 

 

Actually I did, I bought a MiCam 508 lipstick cam with a mini dvr,  the week prior,but am still trying to learn how to use it, what with my impediments and all, managed to get the last race in full, it is on a SD card, and no matter how much i try to hit the little plastic SD card into the tiny slots for the usb's on my pc with my estwing builders  claw hammer,  it wont go in!

Posted

your not actually trying to put the card in your usb port are you :o?? If you are you need to but a reader for your card. Buy a mini/micro/standard SD to usb reader, they're only a few dollars!!

 

Ben

Posted

Knowing Jason, Benny is quite right to be concerned about fitting a SD card into a USB slot, in fact I'm suprised Jason didn't lose the SD card in the CD carrier!!!! Although he may use that as a drinks holder ;D ;D

Posted

One thinks he has to carry a camera around with him all the time the other wants to poke the camera's memory card in the wrong slot, typical Datsun race car drivers :D

Posted

your not actually trying to put the card in your usb port are you :o?? If you are you need to but a reader for your card. Buy a mini/micro/standard SD to usb reader, they're only a few dollars!!

 

Ben

OH NO I am so confused, my brain hurts.

seriously I am not very electronic savvy and I have a severe eyesight problem, but yes they still let me race, differnet issue though it is with  with very close work i am having fun with, ie pc keyboard,  but I use a 22 inch monitor!

 

I am hunting desperatley for a pair of "Loupes" ????

Loupes, are what a dentist wears when he is gazing into your gaping maw as he attacks your fangs, sort of mini telescopes on a pair of glassed.

Anyone got some they can let me have, yes I am getting annoying, and grumpy

Posted

Here you go Jason.............. if you can see them.

 

Picture250641772.jpg

 

Picture250641773.jpg

 

Picture250641775.jpg

 

Picture250641776.jpg

 

Picture250641777.jpg

 

Picture250641778.jpg

 

Picture250641779.jpg

 

Picture250641780.jpg

 

Picture250641781.jpg

 

Picture250641782.jpg

 

Picture250641783.jpg

 

Picture250641784.jpg

 

Picture250641785.jpg

 

Picture250641786.jpg

 

Picture250641787.jpg

 

Picture250641788.jpg

 

Picture250641789.jpg

 

Picture250641790.jpg

 

Picture250641791.jpg

 

Picture250641792.jpg

 

Picture250641793.jpg

 

Picture250641794.jpg

 

Picture250641795.jpg

 

Picture250641796.jpg

 

Picture250641797.jpg

 

Picture250641802.jpg

 

Picture250641803.jpg

 

Picture250641804.jpg

 

Picture250641805.jpg

 

Picture250641806.jpg

 

Picture250641807.jpg

 

Picture250641808.jpg

 

Picture250641809.jpg

 

Picture250641810.jpg

 

Picture250641811.jpg

 

Picture250641812.jpg

 

Picture250641813.jpg

 

Picture250641814.jpg

 

Picture250641815.jpg

 

Picture250641816.jpg

 

Picture250641817.jpg

 

Picture250641818.jpg

 

Picture250641819.jpg

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...