Vindicare Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 Hey guys, Thought I might see if anyone wants to part with their baby. Looking for a 240z only with RB turbo engine, must have been engineered and be in good repair, will travel for the right car and will consider cars at any price. Thanks Aaron Grylls Ohfouronefivesixfourohseventoto Seen the last topic was locked due to discussion, No a 260z isn't a 240z, though you can put all the 240z stuff in a 260z, it is still a 260z and not what I am searching for. As NZder pointed out, a proper conversion would have taken into account the weak links of the 240z chassis. Not a difficult task, as I've done that stuff to my current Z at very little cost Quote
Vindicare Posted December 24, 2010 Author Posted December 24, 2010 Nps man, only started a new topic because of Lurch, I didn't really mind the convo in the last topic. Plus I thought I'd better be a little clear of my search, because in my mind, there is a very big difference. Quote
NZeder Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 Good things come to those that wait. I am sure you will find what you seek one day + you have another zed in mean time while the search is on. Good luck and I am sure a 240z RB DET power (or could that be RB DETT aka RB26DETT ) will find it way into your garage Aaron. If I hear of any for sale I will post or PM you. Cheers Mike Quote
Vindicare Posted January 18, 2011 Author Posted January 18, 2011 BUMP Not sure if this is allowed but i guess the mods will let me know Quote
260DET Posted January 18, 2011 Posted January 18, 2011 This has probably already been said but a 260Z two seater or the later 240Z with the 260Z chassis is a much better donor for a high powered conversion. Even the stock 260Z chassis is not good enough for a high powered conversion in my opinion and experience but then again I value a stiff chassis for handling and general performance reasons. So after all that unwanted waffle I will close now and wish you good luck in your search Quote
handsandwhich Posted January 18, 2011 Posted January 18, 2011 Did someone mention those dreaded numbers again? two six zero All that talk makes Bear Grylls angry Quote
Vindicare Posted January 18, 2011 Author Posted January 18, 2011 Cheeky sods All that talk actually seems to make Lurch angry Quote
Hunter Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 Check out this link http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3025.msg24057.html#msg24057 For something you can't have...... But I have a slightly used mankini you can have, it may need a wash. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.