Clutch slave replacement

Surly_Z

My clutch slave has been leaking a for a while, and I'm now replacing it this weekend.

Just a quick question - should I replace the clutch master cylinder too, or am I safe just replacing the slave? I remember reading somewhere that replacing one will cause increase wear/damage to the unreplaced old part.

It's no issue really, just might save me a few $$$ if I don't have to buy a clutch master!

Slave cylinder is about $20 trade, I go thou one every 12 months takes 5mins to replace.

Done peter's mrp69 yesterday in 5 mins, Easy as........

Clutch master cylinder is about $55 trade Part number is JB1199 I,ve got 2 brand new ones in the garage.

Just change the slave and you'll be right (comman problem)

Just ask for PBR or PROTEX is the cheaper brand but the same. Trust me, 15 years in autopro shop

Pauly

When I was at the track last year my clutch slave failed - went to the closet auto-parts place and asked for a 240z, 260z, 280zx unit = no listing. So I asked the guy for a Skyline unit - he told me - "never work mate wrong car". I said just give me what I asked for. Back at the track - fitted no problems and still going strong for the new owner for the 240z.

So if you can't find a 240z/260z ask for a Skyline unit same bore size and mounting etc.

Slave cylinder Part number is JB4055

Just rang autopro up they have 4 in stock.

JB4055 is listed for 240z 260z 120y 200b they list goes on to Silvia s13

Nissan used the same slave cylinder for years and years

Just a hint for you guy's grab yourself and notebook and start writting down part numbers

for everypart you buy for the Zed. Than when they say its NLA you can say how about this Part Number.

I,ve got a note book some where with 99% of every part number ever made for 240's

p.s just went down to the garage and I,ve got 3 slave cylinder on the shelve......

Pauly the ex-autopro boy 8)

Cant sleep when there's work to be done.....................................

I,m a council blugger now...... After 15 years of non stop behind the counter at autopro.

Now i just cut grass and find a good hiding place to have a sleep.

Just trying to make Zed life easy.