nuclear_z

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for dropping but and taking me for a spin

put confidence back in me afte buying a car hat i hadnt even drive/sat in before i bought it  ;D

I have done that many a time... Buy a car coz u like it, without driving one, or being a passenger in one... Never mind, great car to drive... God I wish I had a heater this morning though  :'(

Let me know if you want a hand, only 10min up the road from you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I have been stupidly busy with work over the past month and therefore haven't been really on the ball with my zed...

I have just redone my diff centre, it is a lsd centre now  ;D Heaps of grip now and I dont have any wheel spin issues when I come on boost.

I will complete my heater/aircon install on Sunday and will post pics of what it comes out like. It has a 3 speed fan, electronic themostat and new heater tap. It is a tight squeeze under the dash, and at this stage I will not have any centre vents, but the demister vents and side vents will work. The unfortunate aspect of a afternmarket system is that I will not have any of the vent controls a standard unit does, the plus side - its all new and will provide long term heat and cool without dramas...

I will hopefully put together a bit of  DIY regarding the install - new heater/aircon unit part (ex any under bonnet gear) will cost less then $350 delivered if the parts cost remain the same.

www.speedyairsales.com.au

I think I will modify the tap though as the cable is meant to be wound around the lever to open and close the tap. I plan on tapping the lever so I can clamp the cable on... pretty cheap from memory - about $22...

Thanks for that Pauly!

Well the aircon/heater unit is installed, plumbed and electrified!!! I had such lovely warm legs, hands and face this morning... An added bonus was the vision! I could see as the fogged windscreen cleared!!!!  :o

I havent got the condensor or the pump for the ac yet, but the under dash unit and the electronis thermostat is all done - just need to buy and put together...

Bad news: I have had a change in my circumstance and am therefore selling the zed... I will put together an add for the forsale section tonight. Please call me on oh4oh4 eight6seven six3seven if your interested.

Just moved out of home  and therefore will not have access to my glorious workshop as much as I need to keep the zed in spiffy nick. I am also doing lots of work travel and it is a shame to run so many km's on the zed... The good side for the new buyer is that because I have driven it so much, I have found all the niggles and fixed them.

That and family planning has made me need a bigger more comfortable car... I will be on the look out for a project zed, as I love working on them - such a nice car...

jeeeez Thomas I enjoyed reading your postings ....bugger.

The wrath of a woman who wants a safer car, been there done that....I offered to buy my wife an auto 260-2seater for her & our daughter, she wouldnt have a bar of it  :'(  My next approach will be to tell my 4 year old to whine to mummy that we need another zed ...hehe

good luck with the sale.

Cheers Chris,

not planning on taking a hiatis from the site. I have been asked by a member to do some work on his zed for him and hopefully he'll let me post about that... I love working on old cars - but I really long to finish the project I started with my late father, having two registered 70s cars doesnt help that...

Oh and your right, women always win  :P