cathartik Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 Just the standard hello that I've been meaning to make for quite a while - been a long term observer before I actually bothered making an account here and have been spurned on by actually wanting to improve my Z Picked up my 260 just over two years ago from a former QLD z car club member and was very happy to find a car that was in such decent condition - really didn't skip a beat for the first 18 months - however with bits of rust just starting to come through and electrical gremlins appearing a few months ago I did what I could to keep the car running and succeeded to a point. But I must admit I just love the look of the Z so much and I'm not as much of a stickler for originality as some so with recently increased cashflow and a healthy bank account behind me I've parked it at home, pulled the l28 and am in the process of trying the typical conversions present all over hybridz Hope I can contribute wherever possible on basics and hope to learn more from some incredibly knowledgeable people that appear to be hiding around here and other forums! Cheers Quote
George Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 good to see you posting. you know it's going to be asked... pics? Quote
sco_aus Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 yeh pics and which conversion, i dont venture to hybridz very often. Quote
RBZ 260 Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 yay another guy thats not afraid to do a conversion. so what are the plans? like some here I as well dont venture much to hybridz unless someone points something out. Quote
cathartik Posted October 24, 2008 Author Posted October 24, 2008 I've been in pretty frequent contact with Russ (who I believe also has an account here?) in regards to my conversion - which pretty much says it all - putting a 1jz in. Not really looking for high end power, just a comfortable and quick cruiser above all - so much to the point of keeping it slushbox until it gives out on me. That said obviously with it will be a suspension overhaul (and given the Bris location, I've been eyeing off that post in regards to fulcrum in the suspension section ), rust out and paint, brakes and steering upgrade and as much fresh wiring as I can muster up. Quote
Michael Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 Wow, Very nice 260z there! Love the Japspec Fender mirrors/Mesh grill/ fairlady badges, All very subtle nice touchs Quote
chris240 Posted October 24, 2008 Posted October 24, 2008 nice chromework and trim...its amazing how good black cars look when the chromework is straight & gleaming. I nice set of black mesh style 17" simmons with polished rim would look sweet (old skool).. in my humble opinion Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted October 24, 2008 Moderators Posted October 24, 2008 Nice zed! Does your zed have fuel injection fitted as standard? Theres another member here (Stavros) with a orange/red 260 with RB26 with Fairlady badges that had factory fitted efi. Looked alot like yours!I like how it even has the rubber in between the bumper bar ends and body.....not many seen anymore! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.