PB260Z

SOLD - PB260Z's 1977 260Z 2+2 L28E Manual

Model: 260Z 2+2

Price : $22,500

Item Condition: Excellent

Body: All rust removed and painted by Lurch at Classic Auto Fabrications

Mechanical: Running L28E + 5speed (280zx) and R180 (3.9)

I have decided it is time to sell my Bus. It is ’77 260 2+2 with the running gear from a ‘81 280ZX in it.

I built this car to be long distance tourer and as such it has A/C (with Kia fan), Recaro seats, Replica Compe wheel, H4 headlamps (upgraded wiring) and all the gauges work, yes even the clock, twin thermo fans . When installing the L28E I used genuine 280Z (USA) parts so this is effectively a RHD 280Z and looks 100% factory.

The build thread tells the story https://www.viczcar.com/forums/topic/9447-pb’s-77-260z-22-rebuild/  (Some of the early photo links are broken, I can supply detailed photos on request)

Very reliable, has done a couple of Melbourne and Tamworth return trips and never missed a beat. This is not a show car and was never intended to be. I drive it in the rain and in traffic.

The not so good: Needs a dash reskin, has a small paint defect near the hatch (about the size of 5c piece), the back seat top is stuffed (I have it covered with a black towel) & the stereo not connected, just couldn’t bring myself to cut the door trims.

Will come with the original engine, a set of 260Z alloys with new tyres and some spares.

Contact Details: PM or 0418 two hundred eight nine five

Advertising on here for a week or two before going to other sites/

Z Front Qtr 1.jpg

Z Interior.jpg

Shame to be selling after all that work, drives well also. I had a go between Sydney and Melbourne when I came down for the Christmas BBQ 2 years ago. The fuel injection makes it very usable.

This is a car you can get in and drive and enjoy right away and take care of some of the more minor cosmetic issues like the dashboard that needs a reskin.

4 hours ago, gav240z said:

Shame to be selling after all that work, drives well also. I had a go between Sydney and Melbourne when I came down for the Christmas BBQ 2 years ago. The fuel injection makes it very usable.

This is a car you can get in and drive and enjoy right away and take care of some of the more minor cosmetic issues like the dashboard that needs a reskin.

Thanks Gav.

The decision to sell was not an easy one to make, but I built the car to be driven and I just haven’t been using it due to work and other commitments.

Yes it is a car that you can just jump in and enjoy the drive - I will miss it.

Cheers

PB

2 hours ago, gav240z said:

I'm happy and sad for you Peter. Is the new project a boat?

Hi Gav

It is mixed emotions for me, but the reality is that in the last 12 months I have put less than 100kms on it.

The new project ? I really don't know, I have a few thoughts, and they all have 4 wheels.

Cheers

PB