ELYAS Posted May 19, 2019 Posted May 19, 2019 What is the legality regarding LS swaps in 240/260z's? Do we have any examples in Australia? Any available for sale? Quote
600Z Posted May 19, 2019 Posted May 19, 2019 (edited) Hello Elias, Have a look at the attached guide lines for engine transplants but certainly get a list together of what your wanting to do and speak to your engineer on how to go about it so you do it right the first time and don't have to redo anything. There are a few around and some very nice ones but seldom come up for sale. Best of luck and they are a lot of fun with the V8 in them. Cheers, Justin Edited May 20, 2019 by 600Z Quote
mossy Posted May 19, 2019 Posted May 19, 2019 https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/files/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engine_01jan2011_v3.pdf Quote
600Z Posted May 19, 2019 Posted May 19, 2019 (edited) Ah cool Mossy sent you the link to it, I had it on file. Download it from Mossy’s post and have a read and chat to your engineer. Justin. Edited May 20, 2019 by 600Z mossy 1 Quote
KatoKid Posted May 19, 2019 Posted May 19, 2019 Remember that NCOP is only a guide/recommendation, it’s up to the engineer to decide what is appropriate and approve. Quote
ELYAS Posted May 19, 2019 Author Posted May 19, 2019 Thanks gents. Great info. I'm not fussed whether it's a 240 or 260, has to be a 2+0 thought. I'm not sure if I'm up to doing it myself. I know I don't have the tools, time and financing and would hope to get lucky and find one already complete, engineered and for sale. Is that unrealistic? Quote
600Z Posted May 20, 2019 Posted May 20, 2019 Never know your luck in a big city cars come up for sale from time to time but not too many V8's. The last one I remember was one of the members 2+2 which was very nicely done. But be prepared to pay as none of the nice cars are getting any cheaper. Cheers, Justin Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.