Scotty_Rah Posted August 15, 2017 Posted August 15, 2017 Hi Zed Heds! I'm looking for a set of door cards to suit my 260. At the moment the interior is white/off white, but I am looking to make it blaaaack. The car came with door cards but they are in really bad shape and have 6 inch speaker holes cut out of them. I have seen online there's a place in the US or Canada that makes reproduction cards. Has anyone ever bought these? can you vouch for quality? Wondering if i should hold out for a good original set or buy a reproduction set..? Quote
hmd Posted August 15, 2017 Posted August 15, 2017 I have a set with new leather reupholstered. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14466-fs-240z-door-cards-reupholstered/ Quote
gilltech Posted August 15, 2017 Posted August 15, 2017 Last I heard the repro door cards currently being produced only suit the later 2-seat 280Z (equivalent to our 260Z) due to the different door lock pull knob location. I think the change-over might have been around Aug '76, so maybe your car falls into that category maybe not. So you'd be best to check first before placing an order. There's been discussion about this on this forum previously. Quote
peter t Posted August 15, 2017 Posted August 15, 2017 If the wood/cardboard backing is OK any decent trimmer can fix them up and cover with whatever colour you want. Mine did. Quote
gilltech Posted August 15, 2017 Posted August 15, 2017 Further to that, I've seen the fake woodgrain strip advertised in the USA. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.