jthompson165 Posted April 8, 2017 Posted April 8, 2017 (edited) Thought I would share the process of my project! Just took the old L28 out and have been preparing the interior for some new sound deadener! Next step are brakes, coil overs and a full set of new bushings. End result having a Rb26 powered 260z!! Edited April 8, 2017 by jthompson165 KatoKid and nizm0zed 2 Quote
dat240z Posted April 8, 2017 Posted April 8, 2017 Good stuff mate. Whack up a few more games images. Have you bought the RB yet? Quote
Gordo Posted April 8, 2017 Posted April 8, 2017 I noticed your zed is an automatic . I'm guessing you'll be looking for a manual conversion when the new engine goes in. These plenty of pages on hear to research the RB transplant . Good luck with it all. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted April 8, 2017 Administrators Posted April 8, 2017 That valve cover is quite rare! What cylinder head is on that L28? Quote
jthompson165 Posted April 8, 2017 Author Posted April 8, 2017 Good stuff mate. Whack up a few more games images. Have you bought the RB yet?I've bought the motor, it's waiting at a mates place. I'm gonna clean everything up before I think about throwing the motor in, I noticed your zed is an automatic . I'm guessing you'll be looking for a manual conversion when the new engine goes in. These plenty of pages on hear to research the RB transplant . Good luck with it all. Yea I've already bought an Rb25 gearbox with heavy duty clutch, still need to check the diff to check if it's an R180 or R200, also will probably need a custom drive shaft! All fun and games hahahaha That valve cover is quite rare! What cylinder head is on that L28? it's got the N42 stamp on it other than that I'm really not to sure about it or it's history! I'm interested now, I could send more photos if you would like some!! Cheers guys will keep with the updates! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted April 9, 2017 Administrators Posted April 9, 2017 it's got the N42 stamp on it other than that I'm really not to sure about it or it's history! I thought it might have been a P90 head since my P90 had the same valve cover. Which is the larger big block NISSAN cover. There is a smaller version also which is more common. Worth a bit to the right buyer. Quote
jthompson165 Posted April 9, 2017 Author Posted April 9, 2017 (edited) Very productive day today, took the rest of the running gear out as well as all suspension, moustache bar, sway bars and control arms. Now a complete shell !! Luckily the previous owner must have done the control arms before as the bolts came out with a little encouragement from the hammer, so the plasma cutter remained unused unlike many other builds I've read about! All parts are off to be cleaned and powder coated, going to look very clean!! Next step is cleaning the floors to see how much welding will be needed Edited April 9, 2017 by jthompson165 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.