really fast Sc 240z

zr240

• Moderators

Well with me there watching (and taking the pic) of Peter in his 260, exiting the sweeper before the main straight, I swear he had railway tracks underneath his car! You could tell he was on the edge of losing traction (thanks to centrifugal force) as the car was exiting the corner and accelerating pretty damn quickly..At most I'd say there was a hint of understeer but at no time was the rear end sliding. All I know is he can set his car up and knows how to drive it on the edge!

Hi

I also saw him running at Phillip Island on the weekend and it was clean lines no drifting, very impressive performance. The Porsche's were getting him under brakes

I forgot to go looking for him in the pits but last time I saw under his bonnet a couple of years ago at Phillip Island he had triple 40mm webers. Then a few months later he sold them on ebay and he said he was updating to fuel injection.

Can you run fuel injection is Sc, or would he have been running a different class then?

Warren

i swear him and his son were now running 6 tb's with both running motecs, but then i thought i was tripping, anyways guys,

he runs no rear sway bar, and a whole bunch of old time exp, which is what makes him,quick!!!

i remember the classic adelaide rally a few years back where he ran 2nd outright only to a porsche 959 4wd turbo, yes he lives in the very same hills that the rally is ran in but thats not the point, he would easily tripple my age and probly ayleast double my age in exp with Zeds, here and aus wide known as the Z king for work, but he will sure charge you to do any work on your car, and i mean bling blow!!!$$$

nato

ps cant even entirely remember what i said in the edited post above, i do remember it being cheeky but certainly not facetios.

NOWNOW boys easy!!!, no need to get facetious!!!

Hey Ash sorry for not having my facts in order. If you were driving your car doing 1.47's then I applaud you on those times. (I don't need facts to back it up if you say you did then I beleive you no problem) I guess like you say he might have been getting a little slippage which I am terming as 4 wheel drifting. I guess it comes down to interpritation. I am well aware full blown drifting will slow you down Lurch. But you have to SLIDE all 4 wheels to some extent to get a great time at the Island. I guess that was my point.  :)

You can EFI in Sc, but you have to run the car as a 280Z with L28. There is one in Qld that runs pretty well with 195rwHP showing on the dyno he uses to tune it. The owner has spent some pretty big dollars on the motor to get it to where it is.

And yes in racing it all comes down to the set up, if you want to make up seconds per lap, get the handling sorted, big power will only get you tenths in a lap. Get too much power for the chassis and you can't use it, hence the power sliding Group Nc cars with 6-700hp that goe like stink in a straight line, but get eaten up by better handling cars under brakes and around corners. Anyone remember how quick Minis were against GT Falcons and Monaros on tight tracks???

And yes in racing it all comes down to the set up, if you want to make up seconds per lap, get the handling sorted, big power will only get you tenths in a lap. Get too much power for the chassis and you can't use it, hence the power sliding Group Nc cars with 6-700hp that goe like stink in a straight line, but get eaten up by better handling cars under brakes and around corners. Anyone remember how quick Minis were against GT Falcons and Monaros on tight tracks???

As the old hands say, weight loss is the cheapest form of horsepower.....