8/82 280Zx 2+2 Diff Mount

Hi Community,

New owner to the Z cars, I have a 8/82 280ZX 2+2  Auto Box which I badly need the diff mount rubber, I cant find anywhere. Also does anyone know who can recondition rear calipers or possible have some for sale, mine are worn out and rattle badly on the slides.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers 

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah if you do that diff rubber see if you can get the rear k frame rubbers as well cause there the only ones i didnt do on my rebuild.

And and the steering rack, this all being on a 280zx.

Put me down for 1 though

Got pricing back for re-rubbered in 80 Durometer hardness ( stiffer than stock, eqivalent to original Nissan Competition items) for, gearbx mounts, engine mounts, and diff mounts.

They get thouroughly cleaned, degreased, all old rubber ground off, surfaces prepped, new compound rubber is then poured inside, the mounts have paper coated "dams" fitted, and the new mounts have no voids in their middles.

$150 per item plus postage.

Last I had these done, 12 years ago, they were around the 75-80$ mark per item.

Do I go ahead and get the few I have here done???

Hi Community,

New owner to the Z cars, I have a 8/82 280ZX 2+2  Auto Box which I badly need the diff mount rubber, I cant find anywhere. Also does anyone know who can recondition rear calipers or possible have some for sale, mine are worn out and rattle badly on the slides.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers 

Tim

Aren't there two separate diff mounts for a 280ZX?

One at the front of the diff where the insulator sits between the bottom of the diff and a cross member(presume this is the one you are referring to Tim)

The other at the top rear of the diff where the insulator then bolts to the chassis.

There are two types of rear mount/insulator available. Depends if you are running an R180 or R200 diff.

Cheers.   

• Moderators

Got pricing back for re-rubbered in 80 Durometer hardness ( stiffer than stock, eqivalent to original Nissan Competition items) for, gearbx mounts, engine mounts, and diff mounts.

They get thouroughly cleaned, degreased, all old rubber ground off, surfaces prepped, new compound rubber is then poured inside, the mounts have paper coated "dams" fitted, and the new mounts have no voids in their middles.

$150 per item plus postage.

Last I had these done, 12 years ago, they were around the 75-80$ mark per item.

Do I go ahead and get the few I have here done???

Hi

I would be in for one. Don't need it right now but am sure will need one at some time in the future. So will put it on the shelf for a rainy day.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z