Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just helping a friend with sorting a few issues with a car she has just purchased:

 

  1. My 1975 2+2 has the high point mount for the retractable front seat belts but I see that the 1974 does not have it. So is there a way to fit retractable seat belt in the earlier model? 
  2. Where do you but the rear hatch seals? eBay?
  3. It is missing a badge from the lower passenger side corner of the rear hatch. Am I right is assuming that is where they put the "Auto" badge?
Posted (edited)

Some 260s both 2+2 & 2-seat I've seen have had the (front) seatbelt retractors bolted on top of the rear strut towers using a bracket over the three bolts, & the roof rail bolt used for the hanger, & I always presumed them to be factory like that.

Reason I noticed is because my early '74 260 2-seat still has the original clip-together fixed belts, whereas these were later 260s - don't recall which years - with retractable belts, safer IMO.

Whatever is retrofitted needs to be certified & signed off in any case.

Edited by gilltech

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...