Hello From Another 2+2 Owner In Melbourne

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker of this site ever since I got my 260Z more than 15 years ago.... but first time saying hello and introducing myself. My name is Norio and have been a proud owner of a 1977 260Z 2by2. I bought the car back in 1999. The car already had L28 with round top SUs and had been resprayed with "not-so-period-correct" white in Enamel paint of mediocre quality ... :-[  It was far from concourse condition, but I fell in love with it and I just had to have it. On the same day it came home with me. ;)

It has received many small iterations of resto-mod tinkering since...  a few repair sections welded in, car is now red in yet again "mediocre DIY quality paint job" lol :P   R200 diff, Alternator, Starter Motor, ally radiator, etc, etc.... There's always something to do with a Z. It's a never-ending project. Of course that's half the fun of owning a Z, I guess.

This forum has always been a wealth of knowledge, inspiration, and home to a great number of sexy looking S30Z's to drool on. To all the great Z gurus here, Thank you. You guys are the best.

Norio.

• Administrators

Here's an official welcome from me Norio, I used to also have a white 2+2. Mine met it's demise unfortunately. I still have the ID plate from it though.

• Administrators

Yes photo uploads should be easier these days with the new software. Good to see the old girl has been with you a while.

With a name like Norio are you originally Japanese or from Japan? I see you have a Fairlady Z Grille on your GRS30 :).

Yes photo uploads should be easier these days with the new software. Good to see the old girl has been with you a while.

With a name like Norio are you originally Japanese or from Japan? I see you have a Fairlady Z Grille on your GRS30 :).

Yes Gav, it was in the mid 80's when I came to this Great Southern Land as a school kid with my family due to my father's work assignment as he was with Nissan back then. (now retired) Long story short, head office appointed him to another post back in Japan. Family went back but I decided to stay :). I still go back there once every while, and read and write Japanese so being able to make sense out of JDM publication is a bonus.  ;) 

The car came with that Fairlady grille, though rattling against the bonnet hinge, slapped on with two and a half bolts  >:(  I didn't think too much of it until someone told me about its identity. The car seemed to have been pulled apart previously, so non originality is not a surprise :P Sure it would look "tough" if it was screwed on properly.... I'm running 260Z item atm until I find some time to refurb the Fairlady one.