Stivva Posted January 27, 2015 Posted January 27, 2015 Guys, Got a query and have had a discussion with my tyres shop guy. The rear end of my car is non symmetrical? The passenger wheel is about 10mm outside the guard more the drivers side. I was told this was common in nissans. Is this normal, or is it too be corrected, I am aware the cars have no adjustment. The car doeant pull to the side and the guards are the same width. Quote
dat2kman Posted January 27, 2015 Posted January 27, 2015 Can be caused by a decent sideways slide into a gutter. This can deform floorpan at pins that support moustache bar. Does not take much of a whack! How is the rear toe readings,,,in,,,on each side?? Wheel backspacing same on each side? A commn fix to pull toe on one side is to cut the front of the rear arm, and pull it inwards and re-weld plates over the slit. Fitting eccentric lower rear arm bushes can dial a bit of toe in/out, but not a great deal. Delrin is a more forgiving hard plastic to use, you'll need a machine shop! Quote
d3c0y Posted January 27, 2015 Posted January 27, 2015 Every zed i have seen is like this pretty much. Quote
gilltech Posted January 27, 2015 Posted January 27, 2015 FWIW, 10mm sounds too much IMO. I had the alignment of my 260 checked on one of those car-o-liner things, IIRC the chap told me that up to 3mm is acceptable. Get someone to follow you down the road - does your car appear to crab so that you can see more of one side than the other? Not uncommon, I've noticed it quite often on various cars - old & newer - that look perfectly fine otherwise. Usually means the back axle is out of alignment with the body shell. Sideways into a kerb on a wet road can be enough to do that. If it were me I'd put the car on 4 jackstands, minus wheels, steering straight ahead, & take measurements down both sides & diagonally as accurately as I could manage, & across & diagonally around the rear suspension, to see if I could spot where a possible deformity might be. Then depending what I found I might consider getting the car checked professionally. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted January 27, 2015 Moderators Posted January 27, 2015 I am sure there was a thread about this exact issue a while back, but I can't find it now. However, this may be worth a read, not exactly your problem but.......... http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,7997.0.html Quote
44014 Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Same all my zeds have been like this. Is very annoying when trying to get wheel in that just fits on one side and scrubs on the other, as i am finding out at the moment.. Quote
Stivva Posted January 28, 2015 Author Posted January 28, 2015 fitment - exactly what my issue is currently lol! Quote
d3c0y Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Adjustable rear control arms is your answer! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.