Six_Shooter Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 Man, I need to check this forum more often. I would have taken those taillights, even though shipping would have likely been more than the lights themselves. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted April 17, 2014 Moderators Posted April 17, 2014 Man, I need to check this forum more often. I would have taken those taillights, even though shipping would have likely been more than the lights themselves. Too true, got to be real quick around here. Many a time we have seen people miss things by minutes. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted April 18, 2014 Administrators Posted April 18, 2014 Man, I need to check this forum more often. I would have taken those taillights, even though shipping would have likely been more than the lights themselves. Still 4x cheaper than buying a set of genuine new ones. But they went to a good home. HS30 00019. Honestly if originality isn't that import to you (and from your previous posts I doubt that's your thing), get a set of the reproduction ones that are listed on eBay. The only difference is the lack of Koito stampings on the lens and I doubt anyone except a concourse judge is going to pick that up. Most of the amber rear tail lights are pretty worn out these days and have fatigue cracks in them - which can't be polished out and the garnish trim chrome is pitted (or patina'd). So it's false economy to buy a used set if you plan to rejuvenate them. Quote
Six_Shooter Posted April 18, 2014 Posted April 18, 2014 Still 4x cheaper than buying a set of genuine new ones. But they went to a good home. HS30 00019. Honestly if originality isn't that import to you (and from your previous posts I doubt that's your thing), get a set of the reproduction ones that are listed on eBay. The only difference is the lack of Koito stampings on the lens and I doubt anyone except a concourse judge is going to pick that up. Most of the amber rear tail lights are pretty worn out these days and have fatigue cracks in them - which can't be polished out and the garnish trim chrome is pitted (or patina'd). So it's false economy to buy a used set if you plan to rejuvenate them. You are correct that I'm not worried about originality, but honestly, I can't justify the $300 on re-pop lenses, especially when it looks like the reflector section looks like it may not be all that reflective. Not having reflectors on the rear of a car is a ticket-able offence around here, which some people have been nailed with. I'd rather have stress/fatigue cracked originals for this reason than pristine re-pops. Also not worried about the chrome strips. The tail lights that are on my car now have the strips painted black, since they were damaged and peeling when I got the car. At this point I'd take a set that have extreme damage to the upper section and make one set out of two (using US uppers) with careful cutting and gluing and being the typical mad man I am... lol The Amber tail lights are not a huge need for my car, I can deal without them, but the more I look at cars with them, the more I would like to have them once I get my car to a finished point. So I have time to wait for a set to come up. So if anyone has any they are selling cheap, even with damage, let me know. lol Back to the regularly scheduled thread. /hijack Quote
PeterAllen Posted April 18, 2014 Posted April 18, 2014 Someone recently sent me this link. http://streetlens.com/ Not sure if people were aware of this place. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted April 18, 2014 Administrators Posted April 18, 2014 Someone recently sent me this link. http://streetlens.com/ Not sure if people were aware of this place. Thanks, good prices (although the 240z ones don't have a price quoted). I wonder if anyone has purchased any from them and if so what their feedback was? They're about 40 mins drive from my place in NSW so might be worth going down to check them out. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.