mossy Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 240z coilovers (51mm struts) sectioned struts, tokico illumina inserts, helper springs, eibach 10" springs 250 and 225 pds, doesn't come with rear hubs, bearings or brake brackets. Setup has done less than 1000kms. $1600 plus you bare 240z struts Quote
74zzz Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 if only these fit a 260z................. Quote
Scoota G Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 if only these fit a 260z................. Why wouldn't they? Quote
mossy Posted February 11, 2014 Author Posted February 11, 2014 Why the change? I've bought koni yellows now and they won't fit in the struts and I'm after a more comfortable drive as this is just a weekend cruiser, it won't see the track. This is a much different car than I originally intended, zg flares, custom big brake kit, v8 sbc......all gone except the coilovers. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted February 11, 2014 Moderators Posted February 11, 2014 if only these fit a 260z................. They do! Only difference is the strut diameter.. being 51mm, gives you more clearance! (bees d@#$) and brake line mount tab. Quote
potter260 Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 if only these fit a 260z............….. I thought the rears were a different length? Quote
74zzz Posted February 11, 2014 Posted February 11, 2014 Ok now im confused.....I thought there was strut differences that meant they wouldnt be interchangeable? Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted February 12, 2014 Moderators Posted February 12, 2014 Same length, just on the 2+2 the strut top was about double the height but that is replaceable. Quote
mossy Posted February 16, 2014 Author Posted February 16, 2014 Still here, I have struts now so $1600 without you struts. Quote
44014 Posted February 20, 2014 Posted February 20, 2014 Do you have a picture of these installed in the car? I would like to see how low the car can go before the springs become un captive. Quote
mossy Posted February 20, 2014 Author Posted February 20, 2014 Do you mean just a pic of the car? I don't have any underneath showing the coilovers installed if thats what you mean. Also not sure what you mean by how low the car can go before the springs become uncaptive? Quote
44014 Posted February 20, 2014 Posted February 20, 2014 Un captive = jacking car up springs still have some compression on them. Looking at the first pics pics you have up, if you were to wind the collars all the way down the spring would be "un captive" if you were to jack the car up. In that picture of the car is that as low as the car would go ? Or was there still adjustment left there to go lower? Cheers Quote
mossy Posted February 20, 2014 Author Posted February 20, 2014 I'm with you now, the first pic isn't where the collars were when i took them out as I took the springs and top hat off to clean the shock shaft. There is more collar to lower the car more (as I had long sleeves welded on) but I imagine there will be issues with travel the more its lowered. I did have it a bit lower as in the pic below but raised it a bit because when I had it at the mechanics we couldnt get the hoist arms under the car. Also when I first installed them it didn't have helper springs and they became uncaptive when jacked up, thats when I bought the helpers from Otomoto and installed them also. Quote
G Posted February 21, 2014 Posted February 21, 2014 That looks so good I might need to put a cushion in my lap. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.