Scotty_Rah Posted December 30, 2013 Posted December 30, 2013 G'day, I'm a newbie and just about to purchase my first 260Z 2+2.. It's just a rolling shell ATM but I plan to spend a few years and a few $$$$ doing her up. I think I want to keep the engine standard L26(even though it has no engine right now) and look at mods on my journey.. My first task is to get the body in ship shape and clean her up. Then I'll look at interior and motor. I was wondering if there are any folks on here from WA that could help me with parts and advise when I get stuck. I'm no mechanic but I've worked and tinkered with my own cars since I was very young. Anyway it's great to be apart of this forum and look forward to talking with like minded Z-heds! Quote
Scoota G Posted December 30, 2013 Posted December 30, 2013 Howdy and welcome. Don't stress about parts because you are with the right crew (i sent a bonnet to Brisbane and other parts to Malaysia and the USA) Hang around and you'll find the right people to help you as this is without doubt the best resource for Zeds in Australia. Mark Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted December 30, 2013 Moderators Posted December 30, 2013 Welcome If you are looking for information and encouragement this is the right place and yes we have some members from Perth. Hey and when you get your Z post up a few photo's. Cheers Peter Quote
Triptych Posted December 30, 2013 Posted December 30, 2013 I'm building my first zed as well which is a 260 2+2 as well. I started about 7 months ago and mainly been stock piling parts for the build. Plenty of help around on the forums as I have found already including Scoota, Lurch, FairladyZ just naming a few but pretty much every member is willing to help where they can. Start a project thread so we can all see your car get reborn as well. Quote
WA240Z Posted December 30, 2013 Posted December 30, 2013 G'day, Great to here another zed getting the love in Perth. As for local support, apart from this fantastic web site and the lads on here, try Martin Falconer. 0417 953 329. He is a specialist for the early zed cars in Perth, lovey guy to talk with, can help with service parts and knoweldge. Also WA has a dedicated early z car club, we meet regularly. www.wazregister.com Good luck with the build. Billy. Quote
Scotty_Rah Posted March 13, 2014 Author Posted March 13, 2014 Thanks very much guys I do know Martin. I bought my Zed off him.. he is a very good person to know and such a wealth of information. I look forward to sharing my journey with this site. Cheers! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.