2015 Easter weekend Nissan Datsun Nationals. What's doing?

dat2kman

Or I could just push it around, if the motor isn't ready.

The organisers could set up a fred flinstone drag race for all the rolling shells?  :P

I'll keep my eye on info for this event but I might be overseas for easter next year

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that could work . But do really want to watch Matt push his car for 3Ks round the track. It would be a bit like watching grass grow. W

Depends which configuration. As long as it is one of the short treacks then only one real hill to push it up.....

• 2 weeks later...

Now we ( some of those from other Datsun clubs) know whats happening for next Easter!

Had a great meeting here yesterday with a number of key people, and I handed over a large amount of file notes, drafts, CAMS information, the Supplementary Regs, the classes structure sheets, and the then 2009 DatNats Sprints "bible" of how it was run, to the current guys that are organising the 2015 DatNats.

Stay tuned for some very very good news on what is going to be happening.

Looking over the paperwork supplied, it was as if it was just a very short while ago we did this!

It looked to be a very daunting task, but at end of day, the 2009 Datnats ran very smoothly,, and it was not that hard to do it!

Now, back to the Fury 120Y. Engine/box to come out, continue to rebuild front end!

Or, do I finish that SR2.4VE on Quads, with C/R box for the animal 1966 Roadster?

Probably about time for a reminder of the suggestion to include the 'H' for Hell circuit at Morgan Park as one to be used for sprints. Anyone who can go down hill from the top near the bridge down to the bottom of the new part of the circuit in a powerful car flat out without lifting should get a special medal  ;D

See the circuit map here http://www.morganparkraceway.com.au/circuit.htm The part I'm talking about is from the right turn clockwise just past the bridge near the top left of the map down into the bottom (middle) of the red part. All downhill  8) Through curves  8) I'm sure that our visitors would enjoy it  :D

How about no!

Intention is to not scare or cause concern for first timers, and the once per year runners.

The circuits have been chosen, 2 of them.

And maybe something short and sweet as a sort of hillclimb type thing?

Me, i'd like a night sprint, on the original Short circuit, 900 metres, and it all happens right in front of grandstand.

That was done many times in early 1990's, was great fun, and the organisers can keep an eye out on all cars much eadier.

Who would like a go at a night sprint???

Hello Z Car Club Q spokesperson Jason  ;)

I did suggest one of the circuits, there is no reason why one circuit can't be chosen to suit the newbs and the other for the more experienced. Let's not forget that we are hoping to attract drivers who are used to fast circuits like Phillip Island and Eastern Creek which I'm sure that the organisers will take into account when making the decision. 'H' is brilliant for those spectators who take a walk down to the back part of it, it's by far the most exciting part for spectators to watch at Morgan Park.

I'm no spokesperson, i just know!

Read my pist at bottom of second page.

Decision been made it seems.

Why add in another layout that not only daunts newbies, as well as introduces the wtf factor for the regular users.

Oh wait,    You.  Dont.  Use.  Morgan Park. Or Bathurst, or Eastern Creek,,,,,

Facepalm

Don't get me started on why I missed Bathurst this year  :'(

Anyway, there is plenty of time to decide which circuits are going to be used and I'm sure that everything relevant will be taken into account when making that decision. It's not a time for personal preferences/lap times to be used to decide the choice as everyone involved would know and appreciate.

Yeah I can't wait to put that roadster in it's place with a zed street car hahaha.  ;D

no worries, you front up with a car with same engine capacity class and whatever mods fitted as per similar spec that the event organisers will be stipulating, and we'll go have a play.

Bit silly fronting up with a torque monsta, and not playing with other six cylinder torque monsta's!

How about no!

Intention is to not scare or cause concern for first timers, and the once per year runners.

The circuits have been chosen, 2 of them.

And maybe something short and sweet as a sort of hillclimb type thing?

Me, i'd like a night sprint, on the original Short circuit, 900 metres, and it all happens right in front of grandstand.

That was done many times in early 1990's, was great fun, and the organisers can keep an eye out on all cars much eadier.

Who would like a go at a night sprint???

My bolden. Hmmmm, there is no way that non club members would be told which circuits have been decided on before club members are so advised. Keep to the facts Jason my lad.

Yeah: You would think I should know what tracks we are using . But I had an old moment just at that point and zoned out or it could of been the eye candy bar maid taking drink orders.  But I missed it all . So we will have to wait till the official postings.

What I want to know is how many interstaters are coming to the event ?

No need for uneducated gossip.

I know what is going on! Simple!

Have been asked to allow the organising club to release the information, and, i have recommended that this information be distributed sooner than what is proposed.

You forgetRichard, i have contacts in many areas of motorspirt, including most of the personnell that are running the event in 2015.

It's a CAMS thing,,, you just simply would not understand.

Pop out side, there's a cloud scooting by, it needs a shouting at!

Anyone run the G circuit at MP? It looks kind of interesting, I guess that there would be no familiarity advantage for the MP regulars and it would be good for spectators. In other words a reasonable NDN choice.

And Jason, you gave the game away as to who your NDN informant was in your first excited post :P

Anyone run the G circuit at MP? It looks kind of interesting, I guess that there would be no familiarity advantage for the MP regulars and it would be good for spectators. In other words a reasonable NDN choice.

And Jason, you gave the game away as to who your NDN informant was in your first excited post :P

Took you that long to realise!! But hang on, which post was that??

Put up a map/layout of what you mean by G track!

For those not familiar, Morgan Park, has around a dozen variations due to the number of interconnecting infield track sections.

Sydney's Eadtern Creek now also has similar.

You can, in some instances run two seperate stand alone events both at same time, if you have the volunteer manpower.

G track isn't bad, but the blind approach for the little squiggle on to the new extensions will be hairy if you have cars that are anywhere close to each other.

I have used it at driver training days and with cars just following each other and no passing it can be "interesting". It is surprisingly tight and a big change of direction as you make the cross over to the new extension. Also the turn off just after the first turn as you start to go up the hill will catch quite a few people out. It is deceptively tight. The run across the front is good fun though. The track is more a handling track than a power track. Whilst you will get some speed up you will want good brakes and handling otherwise you will be into the scenery.