Interesting Custom Rear End

Toecutter

hmm now that I see this car

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1472.0;attach=2703;image

I am not 100% sure of my tail choice

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1472.0;attach=2595;image

maybe it is because of the whole rear is the one colour but it does not look as I expected - can someone with photochop skills make the bit around the lights on the blue car above a grey or dark colour like the factor did?

A few more, the options are endless. I will make my own mod based on all these, I hope they help.

NZEDER: If you are having second thoughts on those 240K lights I will take them off your hands. I think they would look great with a seamless welded back end with no bumber. All the same colour and maybe recessed into the metal work.

post-930-144023487393_thumb.jpg

post-930-144023487397_thumb.jpg

Also I am thinking of searching through the wreckers to get a metal panel that has a smooth recess for the number plate.

I would grab this off any car that looks good and weld it seamlessly into the rear end.

NZEDER: Could you take some pics of the back housing of the 240K lights you have and post them here?

I am interested in their construction.

Thanks mate. I think I am going to get the same lights you have. I will unscrew the lights from the grey surround and mount the lights straight into the metal body work. With two seperate recesses for each light.

• 4 years later...

Hunter,

I am new to this site. We are looking for a solidworks model of a 240Z (stock) with the ability to add headlight covers and a gnose.

We currently hold the record at Bonneville with a 3L naturally aspirated L6 @ 172MPH. We want to put a 4.2L V8 in it and go after the "E" record which currently is at 190MPH.

Any help with a Solidworks model we could use to do some air flow modeling would be appreciated. You can check out our website at www.victorymotorsports.org

Let me know if you can help. I would share whatever data we gernerate back with you.

Thanks

Burton