killabeez

New 240 Owner From Canberra

Hey all,

I finally picked myself up a 240z after wanting one for years. All the rust was cut out and an SR20DET put in it by the previous owner plus some other upgrades, I've owned a fair few S13/S14s in the past so know the engine well.

It just needs some tidying up and a lick of paint + engineering to get it on the road, can't wait :)

An SR20? how interesting.
Do you know why they went with that instead of an RB?

Chuck some pics up, id be interested to see the conversion.

oh, and welcome

Heheheh, yes I thought someone might pick up which car it was from it's recent ad.

No idea why they wen't with an SR, I would have kept it factory myself as I don't want to go through engineering etc but since it has already been done I'll keep it like it is. I wouldn't want all that hard work going to waste. Although I've had a fair bit of experience with SRs so am glad it has one instead of something more obscure like a V8. It's also great to have a small engine in that engine bay, gives me more room to work on without scratching up my arms every time I tinker.

Welcome mate, good stuff. Is the SR running the 6 speed box? Its not a bad little combo.

It's a reasonably popular swap in the US  - Wiring Specialties even sell a "S13 SR20DET WIRING HARNESS FOR DATSUN 240Z - PRO SERIES"