Need Your Help Please To Buy And Ship A Tyre

Sean Dezart

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leederville/cars-vans-utes/new-bridgestone-original-spare-tire-/1151111731

New! Bridgestone original spare tire! $150.00 in the Mount Hawthorn area.

Needs buying and shipping to a friend with a stock 260Z in the UK.

Please help, reward offered.

Probably cost the sender more than the cost of the tyre to do that. Small items that can be posted are OK to export, large items that have to be collected, packed, processed through Customs, shipped etc involve a lengthy expensive process.

• Administrators

It's in Perth, if you can get the seller to ship to me, I could try and help ship to the UK. Although my experience with shipping such things is usually import, not export.

Hi guys and thanks.

The price is ok - pay how you wish but perhaps paypal as a gift the easiest and quickest ?

The problem is that the seller won't talk to anyone non-Australian and certainly therefore won't ship direct.

We need a third party to pay it, get it shipped to them and they ship it to the UK - please.

Money can be paid in advance and I'm sure Gavin will speak for me - I'm good for it !

• Administrators

Are you and your friend absolutely sure it's the correct tyre for an original 260z? I only ask because I'm still not sure every market got the same tyres fitted from new on these cars. I believe early 240z's here got Dunlop Aquajets - but not 100% sure of that and I'm even less sure if this is the right wheel for a 260z's original spare?

If you're absolutely 100% certain I can try and call this guy and have the wheel sent to me in Sydney unless someone else is willing to help out in Perth?

I am currently in Perth and can call him to arrange to go and look at the tyre to get the size(s) and post this info (with maybe some extra photos).

If suitable I propose using the packandsend service which I used to get a shipping estimate.

EDIT: Sean, do you want to go ahead with this?

Edited by AndBir

OK, saw the tyre and yes it looks to be in great condition even appears to have the "talcy" type coating you get on rubber parts on certain areas of the sidewall.

He indicated it was fitted on his spare mag wheel not a steel rim, he sold the mags and the purchaser did not want the tyre on the spare.

Here is a link to the pictures : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/riaq4nozkjo3izf/AAAzTcx8DJ57ZaTPWsRKG2Tqa?dl=0

As an update to this thread:

The tyre has been collected and is on its way to the UK.

The tyre weighed around 10.2 kgs and with the required packing (must be shipped in a cardboard box) came to a total weight of 11.4 kgs. The tyre fitted exactly into a “reshaped” removalist cardboard box with new dimensions of 63 x 63 x 22 cms.

I visited the local pack&send store and got a quote that was higher than that estimated on their website so decided to look at other options.

After a bit of Googling, I found a website that quoted rates from a number of freight companies : https://au.interparcel.com/quote/parcel

The cheapest was with UPS (~$200 cheaper than pack&send) who offered a door to door pickup/drop off service with tracking and delivery in 2-3 days. Strangely no one offered a “slow” non-priority air freight rate.

Once you make payment they email you the proposed collection time details (I booked at 11am and they collected at 3pm the same day.) as well as all the required labels and customs documentation which you print out and attach to the parcel. You need to leave the parcel open for the pickup courier to inspect when it is collected.