Twin Choke / Hand Throttle Set Up For Early 240Z's.

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

I have for sale, a very rare and hard to find twin throttle / choke set up from an early S30z. This is the bracket that enables the hand throttle on an early console.

It looks like it's in great condition, could obviously be re-plated (but what were you expecting?). Both cables are attached and the mechanisms are a little stiff but nothing is binding.

I'm only selling it because I already have 2 of these and this is the third. Given how rare it is I'm tempted to keep it for spares but for the right price I'll let it go.

These are very rare because in some states in the US of A the department of transport mandated they be removed and many cars had these removed and a blocking plate installed instead.

Asking price: $400 AU

Will post anywhere in the world, provided you're willing to pay for it.

Not in a rush to liquidate this.

Last image for demonstration purposes only, not knobs or trim included.

IMG_20150831_131820.jpg

IMG_20150831_131826.jpg

IMG_20150831_131833.jpg

IMG_20150831_131841.jpg

IMG_20150831_131848.jpg

IMG_20150831_131858.jpg

post-15138-14150814126528.jpg

• Administrators

were they not plated orginally under the black paint or "blued"?

I believe the bracket itself was finished in the same yellow-chromate finish you see on many other S30z fasteners and components. But the top of it appears to be painted a flat black so when you look at the console you don't see the chromate finish. Same for the levers these were a black colour also. Or as you can see in the photo more of a 'green' hue similar to the seat rails.

...But the top of it appears to be painted a flat black so when you look at the console you don't see the chromate finish...

Right again - 

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/choke-throttle-cable-assembly-datsun-240z-series-1

Choke / throttle cable assembly for Datsun 240Z Series 1, NOS - US $875 + est. US $38 postage (about AU $1,285)   :o

11-J4102-1_grande.png?v=1399066512

Edited by GongZ

• Administrators

I've seen these sell for $400 + on Yahoo! Auctions hence my asking price. But now that you have shown me that I might have to refinish mine and add the knobs and price at $1000 AU. Keep in mind that NOS price is USD + shipping yikes!

• 2 months later...