Jump to content

ZD44TT

Members
  • Posts

    509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by ZD44TT

  1. Howdy, has anyone changed their ignition barrel before? Mine is ok at the moment but it's a situation where I have to be careful not to fully turn the key when I start the car or the car won't turn over. So I have to turn it till JUST before full rotation hehehhe. I dunno..... works fine but I rather not have it working like that so I bought a new barrel to replace. The mandatory pic as always : ) I've been told that when I remove the old one I need to somehow use a tool like a centre punch to loosen the nutted-head screw as they may snap off if I simply just try to undo the screw by turning the head. I can see that on that nutted-head screw theres a small neck and looks easy to break. tips anyone? Cheers, William.
  2. Yup' date=' on old Michelin slicks that were bought from Paul Pickett and were way past there use by date. With the new slicks and new motor currently in the car I was dissapointed with 1:52's last year, but hadn't driven the car for a long time, plus new brake master cylinder so felt completely different, plus no time to get used to the car again in one qualifying session when some drive shaft bolts came loose putting an awful vibration through the car. Once I am up and running again properly, I would expect 1:48's with the current slicks I have.[/quote'] Teach me master if you can get 1:50s with 140hp and weighing 940kg.. Man that means I should at least aim for 1:58's with 150hp and 1200kg? hehehhehe. God Im dying to find out what it could do atm.
  3. Holly crap 1:50's for EC?
  4. BP ultimate all the way :lol:
  5. hahahha.......got pulled up on the stickers already..... well trust me guys........it was the first thing that came off when i got the car home about 10 nights ago.....all my pics are of the right side hence you can't see that their off. The pic you see them still on there is the previous owners pics :lol: front of wheels, cheers.
  6. Just thought I'd show you some pics of what I get up to today. Before: (sorry big pic.) Notice the super fast hill toe thongs on the ground :wink: Pleasantly suprised to find no rust or very little. After: Panel now grey and slightly newer looking. Taking off the front grill tmrw and cleaning that up.........also fixing sunroof so it does rattle so much when open. And will be sealing up all the holes letting in heat from the fire wall. Cheers, William.
  7. vented for the more aggressive look....... ordered mine from allzparts.........should be here mid feb.
  8. ZD44TT

    Coilovers

    These are ones for heismans in sydney. Custom 50mm bilsteins. I gotta say for suspension thats set up for amature level racing they ride superbly on the roads. Ane we're talking about sydney roads too. Price $4,300 :oops: (bought with car) If theres anything I don't like about this 'design' is that you can't lower the car from the bottom up to retain the shock travel - as you can with 90% of JDM coilovers these days. But I guess that would have involved alot more work and I don't know if it was possible. fronts are 325lb rears are 225lb. Wacking on a front sway bar this wkend and will test on track soon. Current ride height. [/img]
  9. wow nice..........was it raining or some'n?
  10. Hi All, Just wanted to get a gauge at what sort of lap times ppl have pulled with their Z's. Driver: My friend Tyres: Brige' GIII st tyres Motor: worked L24. Engine power@wheels. 118KW Circuit: Wakefield Lap Time - 1:14's.
  11. I was seriously going to buy that car......then i found out it has rose joints and stuff and couldn't get it engineered in NSW. Was pretty steep to dive into as well so I gave up on that idea. I got a feeling theres something not right with the car as his only had it since oct last year from the person who built it. Thats only speculation though as I didn't not go up to see the car. His reason for selling was he needed money for pilot course fees.
  12. kool i've got that ready to go on....... nice car btw. thanks.
  13. god I hope I have my cars sorted before I get married and kids.
  14. Hi bud.......nice to have you back. I stumbled across you page when someone here bought up an old thread of yours way back. I'm new to this forum as well. So whats there left to do on your red beast? sorry no idea bout the CF flares, but they would look tops with your red car. post new pics if you have any. Cheers, William.
  15. all done guys, thought i'd let you know. install went smoothly and quite easy. Have to maybe pull it off again to get the handbrake adjustment lever lower though. I think some nice front 4 pot is up next.......here we go again.
  16. yeh tell me about it.......... need them urgently anyhow so i had little choice. expensive lesson...... as the saying goes.....don't fix what aint broken........hehehhe. waking it on tonite and the brake feel better have improved.
  17. you don't have the black stalion badge and a V12 in the back of yours? tsk tsk..... :lol:
  18. I've got a receipt that says an exhaust from Stewart Wilkins costed $400.....not sure if it was only headers though. Looks hell nice. But his in sydney. In the victoria british booklet it said that that design gains 6hp and we know how reliable exhaust power gain estimates are :wink: :lol:
  19. tools Vs wheel cylinder god that was easy once I got some light under there and saw what had to be done. Thanks.
  20. thanks guys, but whats 'motorsport' link?
  21. I just want to cry I tell ya heheheh.
  22. Ok, I just ordered two new wheel cylinders. I'm banking on the otherside stuffing up as well. This costed $260 :cry: :cry: :wink: . God I'm use to golf cylinders costing $50/each and german OEM ones too :lol: Ah well at least I can do abit of late braking into some late apex round- abouts? kidding!. God hope I can get that shim off tonite. Do they every have meet up for sydney ppl?
×
×
  • Create New...