Help to identify pipe

Thomo260

Just got the Z back and for the first time I can have a good look at it and I need to pick all your brains.

While trying to balance the SU's, I have noticed a pipe going nowhere (see arrow in pic). Any ideas where it goes?

And I am having a hell of a time trying to get the carbs evenly balance. The front carb is sucking air from somewhere and i am stuffed if I can find where. You can put your hand over it and the engine will still run. Hand over the back carb it stalls straight away. You can very easily hear the difference between the two even without the old hose to ear trick.

Thanks in advance peoples.

Simon

post-1287-144023517966_thumb.jpg

Yea they are the 240 round tops. Probably a good idea is to simplify the emission system but seeing as its after july 76 you would need a minium if your into keeping it all legal. Do you still run a air pump?

Remember i'm local too so it's easy to drop in and have a look.

This was one cure i found ;D

i just went and took a picture for you ;) The hose you have going to the rocker cover goes back to my carby however seeing you have round tops you  cant do this, so you have one hose to many so you may as well remove the one not being used

003-7.jpg

Yeah cheers, those triples would help my ego but not my wallet :(

No airpump on the car either. I can see where a lot of 'tidying up' can be done by removing alot of crap and get away with emissions. As long as the fuzz that pull me over to check it isn't to switched on. Happy to take you up on your offer Scoot but it's got no reg so if your ever in the mood for a visit to Sebas? ;) ;)

Thanks for that Pic Mick. Yours looks alot cleaner without all the smog crap.

Simon's Z has a set of 1 3/4 triumph carbies on the thing...Playing up a bit but they would be possible to tune.

Other than that there is this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-260z-extractor-bonus-whatever_W0QQitemZ150339139262QQihZ005QQcategoryZ130631QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks Heaps for dropping in Mark. You are a good man.  8)

Pulled the plugs out and the front 3 are all gummed up, back 3 arn't to bad buy I will get new ones tomorrow. Also set all the tappets today. Need to fix up some heater hoses and a few other things before I can go for a blap and get the timming right, then have another go at the carbs. Still the idle sits at almost 1000 and stalls if you get it down to 6-700. ARR the joy of owning a classic vehicle.