Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Heyy fellow Z lovers!

 

This is a wonderful forum I must say, cudos to the admin and all the members!

 

I'm a Malaysian living in Sydney, and during my vacation back home, faith dealt me a good hand! Just by chance I came across an ad for a 74 2+2 (i saw an abandoned Z once before, 6 years ago, and fell in love with it), and after 3 days, got it at half the advertised price (which still ate up my savings as a Student).

 

I must be honest here, while I love cars to bits, I am not a gear head, and I wont pretend to be one. I need to keep reading and chatting with people who are more than happy to guide me along the way, and entertain my mostly foolish questions.

 

Ok, about the love of my life: (

) That's my facebook album with some pictures.

 

A matt black 74 260z 2+2 with an rb25det as the heart. The sad thing about the car is:

 

1. Alot of not so proper modifications have been done to it

2. The cancer of Datsuns has hit my car quite badly as well.

3. It most likely was abused as a drift car before being sold.

 

I am in the midst of fixing up the rust on the underside of the car, for safety reasons.

I will be moving to Malaysia for work in December, and I'm hoping that she will be ready for me, as I want to drive it, not keep it under wraps as a show car.

 

I am actively sourcing out parts that I can get without having to sell my kidneys. As much as I am strapped for cash, I want to see the Z a complete car. Will be looking through the classifieds here soon.

 

Thanks again guys for keeping all your Z's alive and kicking! i think they are some of the most beautiful cars ever made!

 

 

Posted

Welcome Newbie nice write up, I must be the only person on the internet that still refuses to use face book,  some pickies would be nice

Posted

Hahaha, Linton, you might be the only one who hasn't been sucked into the world of facebook, and that is awesome! I tried staying away, but couldn't!

 

Scoota G, thanks a bunch for putting up some of the pics!

 

I actually bought it with the rb25det already in it. (would have loved to have the original engine and transmission, as the car would be officially given a classic status).

 

The hood mod was a real dissapointing one to me. I would've loved the smooth dip of the bonnet to remain. But the guy claimed that it had to be done because the RB engine got really hot, and needed air cooling.

 

Along with that, came a bucket load of rust underneath. Floor panels, rocker panels, firewall, etc etc. So had the heart removed and the car is now being worked on. I wanna enjoy driving it, so ensuring that it's fully safe to do so!

 

MaygZ, The leather interior was one of the few good things done to the car. Simple in black, it was done well. So thankfully nothing to do on the inside apart from replacing the carpetting that was ripped out.

 

Missing front signals, dodgy rubber/weatherstrips are all the hiccups that the car came with, but it's all good! Just hoping to find some way to sort these out without having to sell another kidney, haha.

 

Any advice/tips/ ideas are more than welcome!

Posted

Well, I found out late last week that I was driving around a car with a chassis that had 2 points barely holding together!

 

That's a big chunk of my budget going to increasing the chassis integrity:-(

 

Waiting for my mate to send over some pictures.

There goes my plans of converting to a manual gearbox. But, safety does come first!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...