Z. Posted August 23, 2012 Posted August 23, 2012 Hey So I've been kicking around the forums reading up for most of this year and I thought I better introduce myself and what I'm up to... So I'm guessing like most of you on here, I have a mad passion for cars. I'm currently in my 3rd year of studying mechanical engineering at RMIT so I am a student so excuse my being a tightass! I'm mainly into the muscle and JDM scene(both old school and the newer gear). But I appreciate a nice car no matter what year/make it is, especially when the owner has put alot of time and effort into it, I think that is the most important part. Anyway enough of that! I recently bought a 1979 280zx, which was a half finished resto and was actually advertised on here... http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,10707.0.html The plan is to reco the engine a little bit, convert to manual, restore interior give her a fresh lick of paint and add some goodies to make her go a little faster I plan to have a nice build thread when I start the real work so more will be revealed then! I've already managed to learn a lot off this forum and any help anyone can offer me along the way will be much appreciated, so thanks in advance Liam Quote
KriZka Posted August 24, 2012 Posted August 24, 2012 Welcome (tehe, I too, am new)! Good luck with your project, I am also awaiting the right time to unveil my new step in my cars progress, although, I'm thinking that I will begin a starter thread, and update from there. Quote
stevofoxono Posted August 24, 2012 Posted August 24, 2012 Good luck! I have a 280zx that i may be looking at parting out soon, 79 slick top If youre looking at a pallnet fuel rail+non egr intake manifold (shaved) or nice fat aluminium radiator or pretty much anything i have a few goodies you could use I've owned 2 280zx's, they are good fun Quote
luvemfast Posted August 24, 2012 Posted August 24, 2012 Good to see another 280 getting some love Quote
Gordo Posted August 24, 2012 Posted August 24, 2012 Nice intro Liam, there will be no shortage of help from the 280zx guys, it seems as though the 280zx is a good alternative if you can't find a 240 260z, I've always liked the 280zx but don't tell Simon. Good luck. Quote
Z. Posted August 25, 2012 Author Posted August 25, 2012 Thanks! Pretty keen to get stuck into this and get the build thread going Yeah no doubt I'll have a few questions and it'd be great if some of the 280zx guys could point me in the right direction. Who are the main zx lads on here anyway? Quote
Z. Posted August 25, 2012 Author Posted August 25, 2012 Good luck! I have a 280zx that i may be looking at parting out soon, 79 slick top If youre looking at a pallnet fuel rail+non egr intake manifold (shaved) or nice fat aluminium radiator or pretty much anything i have a few goodies you could use I've owned 2 280zx's, they are good fun Cheers mate.. hrmm maybe interested in the fuel rail. what are you looking for it? feel free to pm me a list of anything you're keen to get rid of/might think I could use Quote
stevofoxono Posted August 25, 2012 Posted August 25, 2012 no worries, I'll make up a for sale thread, if theres enough interest ill part it out (cause i cant keep it in pieces for long) or if i can sell it as a whole thatd be pretty epic. will make a post up when i have the time/have the motivation haha still haven't updated my 240's build thread and shes almost done Quote
Agno Posted August 30, 2012 Posted August 30, 2012 Well lucky I clicked this post, I'm also doing 3rd year Mechanical Engineering at RMIT. I drive my zed to uni maybe once every couple of months so if you see a dopey looking bloke climbing out of a white 260Z make sure you come over and say hello. Quote
Z. Posted August 30, 2012 Author Posted August 30, 2012 Well lucky ya did! Yeah I actually saw it parked at the bundoora campus near 253 one time.. I'll make sure I come have a chat next time Quote
imackz Posted September 24, 2012 Posted September 24, 2012 Hey So I've been kicking around the forums reading up for most of this year and I thought I better introduce myself and what I'm up to... So I'm guessing like most of you on here, I have a mad passion for cars. I'm currently in my 3rd year of studying mechanical engineering at RMIT so I am a student so excuse my being a tightass! I'm mainly into the muscle and JDM scene(both old school and the newer gear). But I appreciate a nice car no matter what year/make it is, especially when the owner has put alot of time and effort into it, I think that is the most important part. Anyway enough of that! I recently bought a 1979 280zx, which was a half finished resto and was actually advertised on here... http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,10707.0.html The plan is to reco the engine a little bit, convert to manual, restore interior give her a fresh lick of paint and add some goodies to make her go a little faster I plan to have a nice build thread when I start the real work so more will be revealed then! I've already managed to learn a lot off this forum and any help anyone can offer me along the way will be much appreciated, so thanks in advance Liam Welcome , nice to see another 280zx being loved... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.