L28 fuel injection heads

Jaydes260z

G'day everybody, I've owned my 260 for almost 4 years now and finally decided its time to do some modification, I'm chasing the L28 fuel injection heads (preferably turbo, if there is any difference). just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction? also is there anything else i will need to complete the conversion.

my thanks to everyone in advance.

Why specifically are you after a turbo head (P90)? they have a bigger combustion chamber, which lowers comp ratios.

Are you just going EFI? An N42 head might be fine for you. These are from a 280ZX.

You'll pay over $500 for a bare P90 head.

N42, would be much cheaper. You can spend the extra cash on other items then.

Well,  there is also the O5L head, same port shape as the desired p90, but high quench comb chambers, low stock cc figure, plenty meat in ports to get shaping right, has injection notches, and plenty of scope to play with valves.

Square exh outlets, no pre heat liners.

It is rarer, but available.

And yes, i have one avail!

Also couple others, suit injection manifold use.

It is rarer, but availabe

well here in NZ most of these heads end up as scrap these are easier to find than n42 and here the p90 is like hens teeth, I have only seen 3 p90 in 20+ years but many many more 05L ;)

It's the better airflow shape of the P90 that makes it the shizz. But its the huge cc comb chamber that detracts.

O5L has same shape and port positioning. Comb chamber is tight.

It wasn't sold on Aussie cars, yes plenty went to Kiwi. Shipping stuff from Kiwi is feasible, compared to other countries.

As P Mc says e88 is good, it has the chamber, but ports need the work to get close to p90 flows.

Airflow bench testing shows differences, see headtimeline thread on this site

But, to OP, what do ypu want to achieve?

All out performance, or general good allrounder, former is expensive, latter is cheap.

What do you want to spend?

Straight bolt on, go for e88 leave it as is, cant find one , stick on a n42, nice daily drivers, but, you dont just want a daily!!!!!

Be adventureous!

The P90 is the gun head and the big chamber is not all that bad as you can run more timing and that makes up for the lack of  comp , its the best flowing head by far . And i wont all the p90s i can find so you should get a E88 or N42 lol  ;D

With a bit of work they all work OK and if you wont to know the n42 and e88 have the same port just diffrent chamber

Just note that not all N42 are EFI heads....

Im currently trying to figure out how to convert one:

Mark exact locations

drill, tap, clean, de-burr

then attack the injector notch.... this part I get confusios... dremel or attack with titanium carbide drill bit!!!

Getto mods FTMFL

Just note that not all N42 are EFI heads....

Im currently trying to figure out how to convert one:

Mark exact locations

drill, tap, clean, de-burr

then attack the injector notch.... this part I get confusios... dremel or attack with titanium carbide drill bit!!!

Getto mods FTMFL

Or I have a bare N42 injected head sitting on a shelf under a work bench.......

Well it may be an easier option getting an EDI head, theres on on ebay at teh moment, he says $50 postage...

But not having cam towers and stuff like that leads me to the deep end of the pool, I start to doubt myself then!

My N42 has ported intakes, was serviced/rebuilt only 6000km ago, so it might be good to keep!