mikedoeslife Posted June 8, 2007 Posted June 8, 2007 I am really, really looking forward to this. I'm one of those losers who thinks Will Smith is quite a good actor - even before his role in The Pursuit of Happyness - and movies of this nature (cataclysmic global catastrophe) always excite and please me regardless of how poorly written they are. My theory is that as long as they're visually well presented, my mind will make do with the rest. If it also happens to be well written - Children of Men for example - then that's even better. I'm hoping this will fall into the latter, but heck, I'll happily accept the former, haha. http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/ novel - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend film - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_%28film%29 ?My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York. If there is anybody out there?anybody. Please. You are not alone.? Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable, and man-made. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and maybe the world. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Mutant victims of the plague?The Infected?lurk in the shadows?watching Neville?s every move?waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind?s last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered?and quickly running out of time. Quote
modular9 Posted June 8, 2007 Posted June 8, 2007 sounds wee little like that omega man flick with charlton heston ... still always up for a bit of scifi. Quote
Toecutter Posted June 8, 2007 Posted June 8, 2007 yer the Omega man was based on I am Legend from memory. *EDIT (I mean the book "I am Legend") Quote
George Posted June 9, 2007 Posted June 9, 2007 sounds good. i too am a big fan of smith. looking forward to this one. cheers van. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.