Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm planning to buy a 1973/4 Datsun 260z sport in the next few weeks and it has a small crack in the windscreen, just wondering if these windscreens can still be bought new through the usual channels (ie windscreens obrien) or if i have to get it second hand? Also the passenger side window has a small crack, what sort of a job is it to replace that?

 

Thanks in advance

Carl

Posted

hi Carl,

 

Windsreens available new still. I think about $260.00 installed at your home by mobile service. depends which side window. door windows are harder to source in good nick.

Posted

front windscreens are aprox. $140 at windscreens o'brien.

or you can insure your car as a restoration with shannons, for about $50 a year, which gives you a free windscreen replacement every year, which you can use straight away, I had to do it with my car after the "mechanics" at zshop broke my brand new one.

Posted

What about side window glass, does anyone recommend the best place for replacing the typically scratched items that I have and many other would also have?

 

Sooley

Posted

For side windows shop around. I was lucky enough to get a hold of a brand new drivers side window to replace the typically scratch or marked windows from being wound up and down with grime and dirt in it. Clean ones, second hand are around but you will have to look around various Zed parts places. I also replaced my back window as a lot of them are also scratched from dickheads who close or stack things against them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...