Corsa224 Posted January 21, 2012 Posted January 21, 2012 Hi, I need to purchase a 260z 2+2 weather seal kit, I've tried black dragon, maslin, scouts old rubber and all they do is a few items, and all the kits they do are for the 240,260 and 280z's coups not the 2+2's. Any body have one they don't need or can point me in the right area. Rarespares has a kit but the want $750+, seems painfull Quote
gilltech Posted January 22, 2012 Posted January 22, 2012 Tried Motorsport Z Auto in the USA? I've found for my 2-seater that the kits offered me here in Aus (unless they have improved in the past 3 yrs) are incomplete for a full resto in any case. From memory, I had to source door front upper edge seals, side window seals, (& perhaps the taillight seals?), separately in addition to a kit in any case; kits then were 600-650 or so. Just be sure that the front & rear screen seals you get are suitable to take the Z's stainless steel trims; some seals available are actually generic windscreen mouldings. My advice is to buy a good set, not a nasty budget set; otherwise doors may not close or seal properly, etc etc, you get the idea. Rubber parts always seem to cost more than they should! Hunt around, make a full list of all the seals you need, note that the later cars like yours had a few extra door seals added compared to earlier 260s. But I think you might need to budget closer to a grand for a totally complete all seals set for a late 260, of OEM quality or as close as is available. The Motorsport Z Auto web site's diagrams will help you build up your list of what you need with correct description, just remember that their equivalent to your car is a 280Z 2+2. And I have a sneaking suspicion, could be wrong, it may be that depending whether your car is a very early '77 Aus-new car it may not require all the door seals they list for their '77/78 US-spec 280 as I think that there was a change between '76 & '77 cars, so compare carefully their listing against what's on your own car. Hope that helps a little. Quote
Corsa224 Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Thanks for the reply, I can't even find a 280z 2+2 weather seal kit. Ideas Quote
Lynton Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 http://www.zcarsource.com/windshield-weatherstrip-74-78-2-2-new_8_53645_63773.html Lynton Quote
Corsa224 Posted January 25, 2012 Author Posted January 25, 2012 Thanks Lynton, Great site, i've emailed them and they have nothing in stock and not sure if and when there getting stock. Back to the drawing board lol Quote
gilltech Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 zcarparts.com - Motorsport Z - have a few 2+2 weatherstrip items such as windscreen mouldings which will help you but they also don't appear to have full stock anymore, dunno what's going on. Further to the above, FWIW I dug out some old (paper) parts catalogues (6 yrs old maybe?) for Motorsport Z and Black Dragon and they both listed 280Z 2+2 kits, as well as individual seals. So I don't know what's going on at present in 2+2 land; can only presume that there hasn't been much demand of late and one may have to wait until the manufacturer decides to do another run; I've struck this before with car resto parts supply. The Motorsport Z catalog notes that their 280Z kits are suitable for the earlier models, just that there will be some redundant seals (doors I think they must mean). Quote
Joiji Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 Tried Rare Spares? They have a 2+2 kit which is reasonably complete, last time I checked. Quote
Lynton Posted January 26, 2012 Posted January 26, 2012 http://www.datsunstore.com/index.php/cName/7578-280-z3-weatherstripping-3 Lynton Quote
Groundhog Posted March 4, 2016 Posted March 4, 2016 I'm in the same position as Corsa and am trying to track down a decent 2+2 body rubber kit. Any further developments since these posts? Quote
280zUSA Posted June 7, 2016 Posted June 7, 2016 I just got my full 2+2 rubber kit from Zcardepot Very happy with them Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.