Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys,

 

I posted something in my build thread but I hope more people will look here. I'm trying to replace the heater core on my 260Z. I initially tried to remove it through the side panel of the heater box, but the accelerator bracket means that the core can't actually be removed this way:

DSCN2093.jpg?t=1320477399

 

What I am trying to do now is to remove the whole heater assembly in one go without taking the dash out. I saw Scoota G did something similar in his build thread:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6830.0;attach=16551;image

 

Does anyone have any pointers or know how to do this properly? At the moment I'm completely stumped.

 

Cheers Alex

Posted

Alex from the top of my head you ll need to remove the screws holding it from the two sides, front and two from the back bolting it to the chasis. after that put the gear in 2,4 or reverse and try to wiggle it out. Might take abit of patient but it WILL come out, I did it this way when swapping the AC over. GL

 

Thach

Posted

You don't have to take the whole dash out just the stereo and the heater controls. After the heater box bracket is removed you have two nuts on the firewall (engine bay side) and you can pull out the whole heater box.

Posted

Good advice to hear, T.A.P and Scoota for Agno's sake, also that I'm going to try and put AC in through the console hole soon. Will be keen to see how you go Agno.

Posted

I got it all out last night without much of a hassle thanks guys! It was more knowing where to start because after that it's pretty straight forward.

 

I took a whole stack of photos so once I get some time I might put up some instructions on how to remove the heater core for those of us like me who are too scared to touch our precious metal without some pointers :)

  • 1 year later...
Posted

Hi guys,

 

I posted something in my build thread but I hope more people will look here. I'm trying to replace the heater core on my 260Z. I initially tried to remove it through the side panel of the heater box, but the accelerator bracket means that the core can't actually be removed this way:

 

I know this is an old thread I was just looking around for a 260z heater core and came across this thread, I removed my heater core out the side without removing the heater it was tight with the accelerator bracket but not hard to get out. I did have to remove the water valve and the pipes that go through the firewall but that was quick and easy. I started with the manual which said to remove the centre console which I did before reallising I didn't need to even if I was pulling the whole thing out. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...