Luke240 Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Hi all, my name is Luke. I've been lurking around for a while and was encouraged to introduce myself on the forum. I recently purchased, just rolled off the tow truck this arvo, a '73 240Z from Loui, http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9734.15.html , a local zed who was very friendly, offered much advice and who spoke highly of getting involved with the site and asking questions. Plan on restoring said car gradually with the help of my old man, keeping it relatively original, might even start up a journal on the forum. I welcome all advice, questions, comments and ramblings from other members and hope to become a more active member now that I have something to work on. Quote
benny Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 welcome to the forum Luke, you have found a great Zed to start with!! Quote
Sirpent Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Hey Luke Congratulations and welcome, Loui spoke to me about you, if you need anything just shout out. Cheers John Quote
peter mc Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 hi Luke welcome if you need any help just pm me ,Louie said you were a nice kid so don't be a stranger Quote
luvemfast Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Congrats and welcome Luke. Didn't take long for you to find your way here, since you only just picked it up. Look forwards to seeing your progress. Is this a father son project? Or yours with the help of dad? What's your story? Line of work? Car history? What brought you to the Z? Quote
Luke240 Posted August 29, 2011 Author Posted August 29, 2011 Thanks guys for the welcomes. Is this a father son project? Or yours with the help of dad? What's your story? Line of work? Car history? What brought you to the Z? Story...umm I've always been big on classic cars and in high school, which wasn't that long ago, me and my mates would go to the arcades and play these racing games. There was this game that featured the 240Z along side all modern jap sports cars, GTRs, Evos, which I guess is the first time I saw it. Since then it's been my dream car and ever since I got my license i've been hunting for one that I could afford and slowly restore. I'm studying mechatronic engineering (think combo mechanical/electrical/programming) and work as a courier. Car history, first car was a '96 Commodore Ute, converted it to LPG. Sold that and found a damaged '98 Peugeot 306 which me and the old man fixed up that I run around in now. I'll be working a lot with my old man on the body of this car, outside of a tafe course I don't have much experience welding. But otherwise, i'll be doing most of the chasing up most of the parts and stuff. Hope that answers everything mate Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted August 29, 2011 Moderators Posted August 29, 2011 Another Welcome.... hope we can help with the resto! Quote
lightmaster240z Posted August 29, 2011 Posted August 29, 2011 Nice to see a nother new member with a Z project just wait to be finishedgoood luck with it. Bruce Quote
FLEXZED Posted August 30, 2011 Posted August 30, 2011 Hey Luke Hope you enjoy the build and hope your mum is OK when you brought the car home, like i said to you if you need anything let me know if i cant help you then i am sure i can direct you the right way good luck with everything Loui Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.