oils

Huw

Hey all

Just a quick one, what oil is everyone running in their L-series motor?

I used to use 20w-50 but am thinking of running a lighter single weight, opinions? advice?

And one final one, are there any oils recommended for when you're not running your zed? as I'm about to go away to Japan for 12 mths and it will only get a run maybe once a month when my father takes it round the block for me.

Cheers

Huw

Depends on its application.

Errol Smith recommends a 40W70 (I think) oil for track engines that are going to be given a hard time, under the right circumstances. That is, no trying to start it on a 0degC day at 5am with a stiff breeze etc etc.

I run Redline Race 40 in mine.

Dave

Depends on its application.

Errol Smith recommends a 40W70 (I think) oil for track engines that are going to be given a hard time' date=' under the right circumstances. That is, no trying to start it on a 0degC day at 5am with a stiff breeze etc etc.

I run Redline Race 40 in mine.

Dave[/quote']

40W70 - thats really heavy for NA engines (anything over 45-50 is too much for a street engine imho - jsut makes the engine rev badly with excessive protection that is not really needed on the street) but should be fine for turbo engine like yours I guess and excuse my ignorance but who is Errol Smith?