benny_benassi Posted April 3, 2011 Posted April 3, 2011 Well thanks to galderdi (top bloke - thanks for all your help this weekend mate!) we cut the top of one to donate to my 280... This is the result: Quote
Sirpent Posted April 3, 2011 Posted April 3, 2011 Looking at this something came to mind. Tribute cars have been all the talk the past few days, Wonder how long it will be before someone turns something like this chop topped 280ZX into a classic like this? I think it would be a viable tribute build considering the similar proportions and would mind a crack at it one day. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted April 3, 2011 Moderators Posted April 3, 2011 Give it a low profile screen and it should be fine for a drive...before it folds in half. Quote
Sirpent Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Just as a matter of interest....... Would the doors still have the window regulators and motors in them? Quote
NZeder Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 I did that a few years back to a 280zx - but a 2 seater. We took the roof off a rusty never to see the road again car - the roof was for a one that had a sunroof installed so it was going to replace that. The 280zx we cut up I thought was going to break in half but it did hold up long enough to get the scrape metal guy. Quote
benny_benassi Posted April 6, 2011 Author Posted April 6, 2011 Sirpent, PM galderdi - it was his car that we butchered - I think they would still be there - but he would know for sure... Quote
Mr Camouflage Posted April 6, 2011 Posted April 6, 2011 Looking at this something came to mind. Tribute cars have been all the talk the past few days, Wonder how long it will be before someone turns something like this chop topped 280ZX into a classic like this? I think it would be a viable tribute build considering the similar proportions and would mind a crack at it one day. There's a kit for that based on the S130. Quote
benny_benassi Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 WOW!!! - that is gorgeous xa1973... whoever did that work should be proud of themselves (I'm guessing it wasn't you as it's left-hand drive - i apologize if i'm wrong though) Quote
Lukas Posted April 18, 2011 Posted April 18, 2011 I'm actually contemplating doing this to my 280zx 2+2 after my 240z is finished. I was curious as to what it would look like so I did a little photo-shopping of a 280 I found on the net (Can't find the original link at the moment), I think it looks pretty sweet. The interior is pulled from a BMW convertible and the wheels are Rota RB's. Update: Found a link to the source pic, http://home.earthlink.net/~dvgreimann/index.html. Quote
Sirpent Posted April 18, 2011 Posted April 18, 2011 That looks SWEET ! The only other thing would be to try and change the nose to a more contemporary look and I think it would be a massive winner, still think the Daytona front treatment would look stunning on it. Well done Lukas, maybe try photoshopping the nose with a Daytona just to humor me? LOL Quote
luvemfast Posted April 18, 2011 Posted April 18, 2011 That does look suprisingly good Lukas. DO IT! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.