Re: Cabin internals.

zeds4ever

??? Noticed that when I fitted the plastic cover inside the cabin to my (260 2str) that hides wires & the cabin light fits in that there are flat sections at either end which appears to allow for other plastic sections to extend  from these ends towards the front of the cabin up to the top of windscreen. Anyone know the answer please.

Regards : Alan.

Hey mate, no idea about that. In my 240 that trim section joins with a step onto the plastic surrounds around the rear quarter windows.

The section between there and the windscreen is just padded vinyl. It sounds like the 260 trim was different.

I've previously purchased the plastic trim rivets from an ebay store Reddat if you need them - reasonably cheap and looked to be NOS.

On the downside, I noticed a few cracks in my plastic trim. Has anyone had any success in repairing these trim pieces? Would some judicious use of fibre glass work?

Or is it possible to buy replacements ? (though I've got a red interior which seems to be somewhat uncommon)

Cheers!

Gaz

;)  Your so right Gaz, checked amongst my other gear & found 1/4 panels & as you said. By the way I have a spare tan cabin light /cable plastic shroud you can have for a reasonable offer + postage its in vg cndtn. PM me if interested.

Regards : Alan

Hey chaps

I have had some of my interior trim panels plastic welded...it works pretty well, and although not perfect, after it's painted, does not show up the repair very much at all. Worth a try, that's for sure.

Jamo

???  Hey Gaz , are you up in the shaky Isle's. Or is there a "Gisborne" down under.

Regards : Alan.

There is a Gisborne in Victoria.  It's part of the Macedon Ranges about an hour NE of Melbourne.  Wineries, Hanging Rock, B & B's to keep ladies happy, antique shops to compete with Zed budgets.  God's country with some GREAT roads.

• 2 weeks later...

;D Lucky you. Up in the Mountains here all we get is COPS & heaps of traffic, with the occasional speed camera plus the mongrel mobile camera units. Oh well.

Regards : Alan'