She-Ra Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 Hello z fans So excited to have found this site! I have a silver 1977 260z, have had for about 5 years now, I absolutely adore it! its in great mechanical condition, however, i have neglected working on the rust for too long and now need to have some serious panel work done. I am in Melbourne, about to get some quotes for the work. Am hoping that by joining this site I can learn a lot more about z cars and hopefully pick up some good advice along the way. Thanks Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted February 3, 2011 Moderators Posted February 3, 2011 Welcome... you don't happen to live / work around Elsternwick by any chance? Quote
She-Ra Posted February 3, 2011 Author Posted February 3, 2011 Thanks for the words of welcome! Well spotted Dimitri, i live in Elsternwick and i run a small art gallery in Ripponlea. Quote
620Z Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 Welcome let's hope we see your Zed out and about in Melbourne soon. Although sounds like Dimitri has already seen it around already. Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted February 3, 2011 Moderators Posted February 3, 2011 Not sure if you remember, I was the RACV mechanic you called when your zed left you on the side of the road... I think it was on Hotham St near Inkerman....around 3 years ago. I kept seeing it parked near the rail crossing where all the little shops are. Quote
She-Ra Posted February 5, 2011 Author Posted February 5, 2011 Ah ha yes I do remember you! Thank you so much for your help! Still in the area, are you still with the RACV? Quote
GongZ Posted February 5, 2011 Posted February 5, 2011 Welcome from another relative newbie to the site. I suggest that you grab a camera and take some photos of your rusty bits and post them here. The Zexperts can then give you some advice on what to expect to pay for repair work and possibly steer you towards a recommended repairer with Zexperience. You are in front already by living in Melbourne, which seems to be the Z capital of Australia! Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted February 5, 2011 Moderators Posted February 5, 2011 I still do it from time to time...on a temp basis. It's good to hear you still have the zed. From memory it was a nice clean original example. Hope you can find the time to restore it though! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.