Wayne G Posted January 26, 2011 Posted January 26, 2011 Has anyone actually installed a late model nissan brake booster into their 240/260? I have a selection of nissan passenger vehicle boosters but will likely use a z32 unit so that complying the eventual brake upgrade of z32 callipers front and rear, which I already have along with a handbrake solution, is cheap and easy, not requiring to pass a brake test. I stripped my 260 the other night and discovered the bolt pattern on the z32 booster is different. I have formulated a plan but thought "those who ignore history are destined to repeat it". I have located threads on calliper and handbrake mods but not booster mods, other than GM units. Anyone? Quote
Moderators Zedman240® Posted January 26, 2011 Moderators Posted January 26, 2011 Usually just a master cylinder upgrade is all you need; I'm running a small 240Z booster with a 15/16 cylinder with Z32 calipers with no issues at all. Quote
zeds4ever Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 Whats wrong with the 280Z srs1 , its a strght bolt up & is a 9" dmtr unit & there is no dramas with either brake master clndr 260 or 280 srs1. Unless you decide to go with the 280 series 2 modfctn brake master cylinder you will need the series2 booster as these are a hrzntl brke master cylndr bolt pattern. Regards : Alan. Quote
Wayne G Posted February 4, 2011 Author Posted February 4, 2011 I have 2 Z32 units already and if I can fit the entire brake system from the same vehicle the approval is merely paying for the engineer cert after they make sure the workmanship is OK. Quote
dazzed Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 worth while, tho a few mods are required, i think the last time i fitted a nissan dual diaphram and master cylinder off a N14 pulsar, i kept the pattern I made to fit it ,which i thought would save me a great deal of time when i repeat the procedure Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.