Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone actually installed a late model nissan brake booster into their 240/260? I have a selection of nissan passenger vehicle boosters but will likely use a z32 unit so that complying the eventual brake upgrade of z32 callipers front and rear, which I already have along with a handbrake solution, is cheap and easy, not requiring to pass a brake test. I stripped my 260 the other night and discovered the bolt pattern on the z32 booster is different. I have formulated a plan but thought "those who ignore history are destined to repeat it". I have located threads on calliper and handbrake mods but not booster mods, other than GM units. Anyone?

  • Moderators
Posted

Usually just a master cylinder upgrade is all you need; I'm running a small 240Z booster with a 15/16 cylinder with Z32 calipers with no issues at all.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

??? Whats wrong with the 280Z srs1 , its a strght bolt up & is a 9" dmtr unit & there is no dramas with either brake master clndr 260 or 280 srs1. Unless you decide to go with the 280 series 2 modfctn brake master cylinder you will need the series2 booster as these are a hrzntl brke master cylndr bolt pattern. 

 

                                                                Regards : Alan.

Posted

I have 2 Z32 units already and if I can fit the entire brake system from the same vehicle the approval is merely paying for the engineer cert after they make sure the workmanship is OK.

Posted

worth while, tho a few mods are required, i think the last time i fitted a nissan dual diaphram and master cylinder off a N14 pulsar, i kept the pattern I made to fit it ,which i thought would save me a great deal of time when i repeat the procedure

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...