tir33d Posted December 21, 2010 Posted December 21, 2010 The Bathurst Light Car Club had the Speed weekend a few weeks ago, I took my 280zx with LS1 and showed up quite a few quality cars. Overall 8 out of 80 vehicles. Considering the car still isn't properly sorted a dam fine result. First up was the run down Conrod, we start at the bottom of the hill (at the 60km/h sign) so not a complete run down the straight. The video is of the last run when I was trying to catch up about 1/2 a second on a friend, so late braking was the order of the day. The next day we did the Mountain straight hill climb which finishes just before Skyline. Watch for the cones at the finish line, they always point out that the timing equipement is expensive and should be avoided at all costs. Quote
sco_aus Posted December 21, 2010 Posted December 21, 2010 Looks like fun. Your zed sounds awesome too btw. Quote
PZG302 Posted December 21, 2010 Posted December 21, 2010 Hmmm, perhaps some work is needed on suspension now...... Looked like a.fun drive Quote
Riceburner Posted December 21, 2010 Posted December 21, 2010 Hehehe over the top looked like a wild ride, hopefully the toolbox had some clean undies too Sounds great! Quote
Mr240z Posted December 21, 2010 Posted December 21, 2010 WoW That looks like so much fun....Congrats Quote
peter mc Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 that look like fun to me rear grip is all so good... :o Quote
C.A.R. Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 I bet that last one was a 'Brown Pants' moment, Phil! Quote
tir33d Posted December 24, 2010 Author Posted December 24, 2010 Yep had my heart racing. Really need to track down a rear spoiler, and the front end could do with one also. Although I like these type of events I really want to try door handle racing (in a much more controlled manner obviously) Those bloody wheels aren't wide enough either Lurch - then again, my driving style 12' wide wouldn't help either I guess Quote
RB30X Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 It seems to handle well. Did you end up putting coil overs in it? At least it catches itself on the slide if you know what I mean. Not step out one way, slap slap slap of the steering wheel, flicks out the other way, slap slap slap, bigger flick out the other way and then spin etc - bad example Quote
tir33d Posted December 24, 2010 Author Posted December 24, 2010 I have a set of K Sport coilovers all round, but I need a slightly larger front sway bar as all points are on maximum adjustment, I have also got the car sitting a little high due to 1. exhaust - as you would know, and 2. First time at wakefield with my 17' wheels I launched it thru the centre of the track and found a small jump, spectators reckon they saw a foot of air under the whole car, upon landing all tyres engaged the guards and took chunks out - was pretty pissed as I though I had destroyed my $1500 worth of new tyres. So I wound them up an inch and haven't touch them since. When I install my big brakes I will remove the 1 inch spacers and play with the height. The prob with these events is that you don't really have any decent data as for suspension settings so I just left them all rock hard - I should have dropped the rear down at least a few clicks Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.