Arizona Z Car Coilovers

aidannn

sorry been away from the PC for a few days,

I got mine a long time ago :( when the $$ was not a good as it is now  :'(

Anyway that question looks to be answered already with a more current shipping cost 8)

So the question about what springs come with the kit. You are better to ring Dave and talk to him on the phone he is good to talk to. Standard Dave ships the kits with 250lb/in 8" long springs. I still have mine as I am going to run a heavier spring (335lb/in front and 280lb/in rear - I have heavier still 450lb/in and 400lb/in so that gives me a good range)

I had my shocks Dyno'd and they are good for all of ranges I have stated above (and then some)

Not sure, I haven't got them yet, just purchased them last week. NZder might know?

You shelled out  US$1,900 and you don't know what you're getting?  :o

Nzder said in a previous post he had dyno'd them and they were good so I was happy to go off that.

Nzder said in a previous post he had dyno'd them and they were good so I was happy to go off that.

Thats fine, but I would highly recommend doing more homework for your applications from here on.

Mike might want to race and you want to cruise. Very different applications.

At the end of the day, "It's your money Ralph"

I'd sooner ask questions about items before I handed over my hard earned.

Don't get me wrong, they will be a sweeeeet bit of gear.

Just find it hard to understand, thats all.

Thats fine, but I would highly recommend doing more homework for your applications from here on.

Mike might want to race and you want to cruise. Very different applications.

At the end of the day, "It's your money Ralph"

I'd sooner ask questions about items before I handed over my hard earned.

Don't get me wrong, they will be a sweeeeet bit of gear.

Just find it hard to understand, thats all.

I do :D the range of the shocks is good and the graph is very sim to other setups we have ran over the years on track zeds - from re-valved Koni's to Bilstiens. You would not want to run on lighter than 200lb/in spring or heavier than 650lb/in but the adjustment of the shock from hard to soft will cover the other ranges to help control the movements. If you were running the heavier springs then this will put your adjustment in the hard settings leaving not much room for moving down.

This is why I assume Dave supplies and recommends 250lb/in for the road/performance road setup. I used to run 225lb/in with my old koni/sectioned setup. By US standards this is high given most on hybridz and like state 250lb/in is the max you can run on the Tokico setups. However our zed left the factory with higher spring rates than the US boys - it does depend on how you use the car. I have seen a pony car (65 Mustang) with 2000lb/in in the front and watched the suspension move about 4 times as much as I would have thought over a bump in the track - I would have thought it was going to just jump over the bump and I was very surprised to see how a 2000lb/in spring could be controlled by a shock setup to cope with that.

I like watching Dimitri youtube video from his wheel well a few time now and you can see the movement his car gets on the track with 300lb/in setup up front.

I got on the phone and called Dave up and we talked for a while about how I was going to use the car etc then I placed the order :D

But like Simon states I might like a different setup/drive/feedback and my might be different to your requirement. I sold my last 240z with 225lb/in setup and I thought it was too soft on the track and still a bit soft on the road. However the new owner thought it was too hard and dropped back to 190/180lb/in setup.

At the end of the day, I take a huge risk with everything I buy cause I know quite little about cars. I took a risk buying a car that needs work. However, I have seen the azc suspension kit used on several cars that have a similar stance to what I'm after and read good things so that's why I picked them.