Shan Posted September 29, 2010 Posted September 29, 2010 Hi guys, It appears I have a more pressing need for the following cut. My mate indicates this is beyond his skills to replicate. I have attached image of rust area I need to replace. I know this is a bit of a problem area in many Zeds. Can anyone assist with a suitable clean cut or suggest an alternative? Thanks
Scoota G Posted September 29, 2010 Posted September 29, 2010 This thread might help. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6709.15.html I hepled FuzzyDropBear with his, i think i would be easy to fabricate the inside. The outer rail, not so easy.
Shan Posted September 29, 2010 Author Posted September 29, 2010 Thanks for that - will be helpful. Seems like another peice was still used from a donor car though yeah? Both inside and outside rail need work on mine. Would like to get away with fabricating as little as possible. If not other option presents itself - will give it a crack. Cheers.
Scoota G Posted September 29, 2010 Posted September 29, 2010 Yep we had a donor... ask lurch, he just cut up a shell.
FuzzyDropbear Posted September 29, 2010 Posted September 29, 2010 Hmm, yes, I still have to make up the template bit for that inner section hey? I'll put that on my to-do list for my holidays (it's getting longer with each day of leave). If you get really stuck on the outside rail, you can make up some replacement sections, I was making mine before someone cut the front off my donor car and told me to stop being a pansy They're not too hard to make, I rekon if I had a crack at another piece it wouldn't be too bad, but a bit time consuming. But someone else's parts car would be the best and quickest alternative. Good luck mate.
C.A.R. Posted September 29, 2010 Posted September 29, 2010 You can't cut out & weld in a flat section of new metal?! Oh come on...
MaygZ Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 I have a half cut that you are welcome to come and cutoff what you need. Give me a call on O4I99sevenseven 44 seven MaygZ
Shan Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 Yeah - I know Lurch. The guy doing it for me is not the most experienced - but I have "zero" experience - so have been following his direction. He thought it would be easier to get a cut from another car, but having seen the other post with pic's - seems like it should be easier than I thought. Will show him the post from scoota and see if he changes his opinion. Maygz - reckon I may still take you up on your kind offer. Just hold off until I hear back from my mate - see if he is willing to give it a crack without the cuts. Cheers. Shan
MaygZ Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 where did you get a half cut from?? We all have secrets, Benny Boy Shan, you might need to be quick, I've had few inquiries about the 1/2 from others. MaygZ
Shan Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 Like seagulls to a thrown chip..... I am away this weekend maygz, but if you could hold off until monday on the sections I have indicated - (drivers side front and passenger pillar) - I will give you a definite answer then. At this point they are the only sections I require.....(god I hope so anyway!).
Recommended Posts