Pressure Bleeders

If you have one or made one please share your designs and methods. How are you guys sealing MC reservoir?

I made one today, its a bit rough, but its my first one, im just having some trouble with the MC cap, i need to get it to seal completely, what can i use to seal it. First pic is the bleeder itself, 2nd 3rd is my old cap which i modified for the bleeder, was knackered, inside rubber was gone, but without the rubber it cant seal. So i will have to use one of the caps i acquired at the wreckers (i feel guilty drilling into it though). 4rd is the new cap.

I need to seal the top ring, what can i use?

3d1426d191626cd7fb50756869557a9b5g.jpg

dff261af37308ebaacc8897fe7fb9b9b5g.jpg

38afd296cf2f28b152797aa017eb25b85g.jpg

91c9289af06e4a16f30f18708fb471885g.jpg

The "universal" type caps that come with the US pressure bleeders have a chain that goes down both sides and under the MC - bit like a battery hold down. You would need to drill a hole either side of the rubber cap and make up a couple of J rods, get some chain, and a couple of wing nuts.

• Moderators

A friend of mine once used a car wheel valve directly inserted into an old master cylinder reservoir cap and then used a bike pump to add some pressure. It only took a couple of pumps to get enough pressure to bleed the system.