620Z Posted December 30, 2008 Posted December 30, 2008 Hey Gavin, I was thinking it would be nice to have a register of all vehicles on this site. I am not sure if it has been done before on this site. I haven't seen anything. But it might be worth either setting up a S/Sheet of some description where members can go in and register there car with basic information. Car model (240/260 only), year, location (State/Country), rego, Owners name, serial number (optional) even the colour. I figure people could either go into this area and register their car or make it part of their log in (Bit of extra info). Then you could run various statistic based on the criteria later on. I am sure this information could become very valuable if everyone did it. In the past I have found most people like me can't be bothered getting off their butts and looking up their serial number. So maybe make that one optional. The most important part would be Make/Model/Location I reckon. Being a bean counter I would love to see some stats on this a year after the info was gathered. Might even help people track it's history. Might even pull in some more traffic as people offer to register. It would be awesome if the info was available instantly and the user could search using Column Titles to search. Might be a bit difficult initially but would be awesome to have. Keep in mind some people only view this site and don't register so it might want to be outside the login section in order to get more info from browsers ? Just an idea! Quote
Enzo Posted December 31, 2008 Posted December 31, 2008 Hi Craig, If you go to the link section and click on the Western Australia 240z & 260z Club/register you will see listed (ANZIS30 ). This is the Australian and New Zealand Internet S30 Register.This is similar to what you are talking about. Hope this helps. Regards David. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 31, 2008 Administrators Posted December 31, 2008 Hey Gavin, I was thinking it would be nice to have a register of all vehicles on this site. I am not sure if it has been done before on this site. I haven't seen anything. But it might be worth either setting up a S/Sheet of some description where members can go in and register there car with basic information. Car model (240/260 only), year, location (State/Country), rego, Owners name, serial number (optional) even the colour. I figure people could either go into this area and register their car or make it part of their log in (Bit of extra info). Then you could run various statistic based on the criteria later on. I am sure this information could become very valuable if everyone did it. In the past I have found most people like me can't be bothered getting off their butts and looking up their serial number. So maybe make that one optional. The most important part would be Make/Model/Location I reckon. Being a bean counter I would love to see some stats on this a year after the info was gathered. Might even help people track it's history. Might even pull in some more traffic as people offer to register. It would be awesome if the info was available instantly and the user could search using Column Titles to search. Might be a bit difficult initially but would be awesome to have. Keep in mind some people only view this site and don't register so it might want to be outside the login section in order to get more info from browsers ? Just an idea! Hi Craig, its a great idea but as David said its already done. I know we probably get more traffic to our site than the WA Z Register so it may be a good idea to have one here too, but at the moment to create this kind of feature I would need to re-invent the wheel. If and when I convert this site to run on the same content management system as www.vintagejdm.com this kind of functionality would honestly take me 10 mins to implement (well maybe a little longer), but it would be very easy to do. Before I can convert this website, I need to understand more about database programming. I could potentially contract somoene to write a script to conver the site, but I'm not sure what it would cost to do so. I guess something for a club discussion another time or at an official meeting etc. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.