peter t

Sump stiffing plates.

Posted (edited)

Hi does anyone have a SET of the sump stiffing plates that screw up at the back and side of a L28 sump. Seem to have misplaced mine.

Edited by peter t

Q. Why do you want a set? They are optional on early Z's. Seem to have come along with the 280zx?

1 hour ago, gav240z said:

Q. Why do you want a set? They are optional on early Z's. Seem to have come along with the 280zx?

I have one side Gav but lost the back and straight side bit. Have an annoying oil leak that wont go away. Put a pic up on the FB page.

Yeah, different to what I thought you meant. Someone was saying the other day to use modern sealants instead of cork gaskets..

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gav240z said:

Yeah, different to what I thought you meant. Someone was saying the other day to use modern sealants instead of cork gaskets..

Already seen one engine stuffed using "MODERN" sealants.  Bits of silicon break off inside and block oil galleys. Have got a new cork gasket from SWM and install correctly should do the trick. Poor quality gaskets don't work really good in the long run. A dollar saved is ten lost in the long run. Should be able to make some when I can get out and get some steel.

Edited by peter t

Agree I put a modern gasket on my rocker cover of the white 240z and it still leaks!

14 hours ago, gav240z said:

Agree I put a modern gasket on my rocker cover of the white 240z and it still leaks!

The rocker gaskets from SWM are the best.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, dat2kman said:

You still after these?

i have a set. Brisbane can post.

Thanks, I have located one thanks.